PDA

View Full Version : Bite Me II update

Reno_Ragarm
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I know there are a great number of friends of Ken's who would like an update on his condition. I talked with his wife Terri this morning, and also with a very close friend of theirs with whom I work with. Terri was on her way to the hospital when I spoke with her this morning and I asked her if it would be OK to provide you with this update. Ken underwent six hours of surgery yesterday. They removed a large portion of his liver as well as two other tumors. He was not able to communicate with anyone until sometime this afternoon. They are strictly limitiing his visitors to his immediate family only. He came off the ventilator this afternoon as well. The situation does not look promising, but the doctor would not be very specific about the prognosis. For the time being, I would suggest that we all pray for Ken in our own way and hope for the best. Terri was remarkably composed and I admire her strength greatly. Keep a good thought. Mike Reid

Steve_M
07-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I AM STEVE M WIFE NICKI. I BELIVE THAT BEING POSITIVE IS VERY IMPORTANT. I THINK KEN BEING ABLE TO COMUNICATE AFTER THAT LONG AND AND SERIOUS OPERATION IS A VERY GOOD SIGN! HE IS STILL FIGHTING AND SO SHOULD WE! SO ALL OF US NEED TO KEEP PRAYING! SO STAY POSITIVE THE REST IS UP TO GOD! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ` *

Co-Pilot
07-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Although I've stopped posting these boards, This is one topic I will not ignore.
I'd just like to say that Mine and Joann's prayers are with Ken and his Family.
This guy is as classy as any person on this site. The kind of man that will open his home to strangers and treat them as his best friends. I know because I was invited to his home at Eagle. And although I couldn't make it at the time, the ones that did were treated like royalty. The kind of guy that would rather take a kid fishing than a buddy. A true Gentleman and if more people had these type of values this world would be a much better place.

The power of God is an amazing thing and if enough of us pray for Ken, We might make that difference that it takes.
I will do my part and I hope that every person that reads this will take the time to do the same.

Best of luck to you Ken, Hurry Back! You are MISSED.

Tim (out of respect for Bite Me II)

fishnmike2002
07-07-2005, 07:02 PM
My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

FishnMike

fishguts
07-08-2005, 12:01 AM
God bless him and his family. They will be in my daily prayer.
Joe P.

Silver_Streak
07-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Get well soon Ken (Bite Me II). My family and I will be praying for you and your family. Although we have never met, I know that your a great guy. Your in our thoughts. Take care, Tim O'C.

crispybrnkiller
07-08-2005, 02:08 PM
ken I have not been able to meet you in person but have talked with you on the boards and I agree with Tim [copilot]you are a class act ! and the good lord knows better than anyone keep the faith keep praying and keep believing at the risk of repeating myself ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE! and the prayer of a righteous man has great power ;) and the lord is the great healer there is nothing he cant do .GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY .GET WELL SOON . there are many children to teach and that is yours and my job as fathers ;)and I would like to teach them along side of you .

Cris

Don
07-08-2005, 06:29 PM
You are fighting a hard battel.One that you have to fight yourself,But with ALL the friends you have in your corner I know the you will PREVAIL.
Helping me on small fishing matters through the years makes it very rewording that I know you,But you don't know me yet. Ken with all the rest of your friends I'm in your corner. ;)
A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED.
See you on the water DON

Mickey_Thomas
07-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I'm bumping this back to the top, Allfish a sticky would be good, we all need to pull for Ken anyway we can. Everyone who ever met him, feels Ken is a friend. I know I think of him everyday...

HAMMER_1
07-11-2005, 09:13 AM
I am very glad to see the thoughts about GOD and kens serious problems . CO PILOT Iam in tears right now how can you leave these boards Its something that I hope you please reconsider That being said Ken I will be praying also I will also ask the Church I go to to include you In their prayers You are a great man and If I can do anything for you or your family please please call 1-916-939-0900 (les)

skipper
07-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes there is power in prayer and ken and his family will be in our family's prayers everyday. * *---fish hawk

ratss427
07-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Ken,we are all praying for you at my house.keep the faith.

johnbfishin
07-11-2005, 05:46 PM
If there was something one could do to help besides praying there would be one hell of a long line of people.
You are in my prayers Ken.
Having twice been through medical conditions that could easily have been my end, I know full well the power of prayer in what ever form one choses to do that, Ken can use it all right now.

CHICKFISHING58
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Ken,
I might not go to church but I believe there is a god so I do all my talking with him on the water your in my prayers as is your family if you need anything you know how to get a hold of me get well soon I have a seat in my boat for you and a bucket of chicken ;)

MankinD
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
You don't have to go to church to be heard by God. He hears ALL who call upon His name. His second greatest commandment is to "love your neighbor" and by all the sentiments sent, it's evident that you are loved by many Ken. Our prayers are also with you and your family. Check out Phillipians 4:6-7. :)

"Deacon" Doug

notime
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I will pray for strength for you. Keep strong

Scotty

gone fishin
07-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Ken,

The fist time I met you was at Pyramid lake, you took me under your wing and guided me around the lake.

Then after getting to know you and talking to you the great thing you have achieved in helping others.

I have admired these qualities of you, and that you have shown with so many people in this life, are better off because of your grace in helping others and never asking for nothing in return.

You are a gift from God for mankind. All of our prayers have been and are heard and now you are in Gods wonderful hands. My whole family are praying for a full recovery for you, so you can continue your good work...

God bless you Ken and your family...

gone fishin
07-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Bump.....

BITE_ME_II
07-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi gang! can't find the enery to stay on long, but I have read everything you have all written to me on all of the pages.

I am private person in my life except when it comes to fishing and the out doors, those things should be shared with "all" they are not ours to keep but to share and protect...Please remember that.

As for my health they are still dealing with labs and scans, The three very agressive tumors they took out are of the rarest kind and they have no history on this cancer so they have said they will try to use some of the old standbys. We at this time are just trying to get to a point where I can just feel better. I have looked at how petty little things bothered me, and now I just try hard to get the energy to get up and walk to the bathroom,

as if I haven't been tested enough the Vet tells me my hunting partner has cancer as well "Drake" my 9 year old Chocolate lab..

BITE ME II
8) 8)

Weez
07-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Ken,

cancer is what it is, and I could never presume to know very much about your situation, but I've read a lot about positive mental attitude and faith in God playing important roles in healing.

You and I have spoken several times through the magic of the Internet and I know you are a good person, so if I can give you any motivation or incentive to fight like hell and get better, let me offer to take you out on Tahoe as soon as you feel up to it. I will dial you in to all the good techniques, and in that I know you love Rapalas, I will show you how we use them here to catch some of the best fish on the lake.

Get well then we'll put your boat or mine on Tahoe, and you'll see just how easy the mackinaw fishing can be (or just how good the rainbow and brown trout fishing can be).

krzyfshrmn
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Hang in there Ken. I've got total faith that you'll be on your feet sooner then you think.

When I was a kid, one of our dogs was diagnosed with cancer as well, and he pulled through the surgery with flying colors. I think the two of you should spend a well deserved day together on the "Bite Me II" after you're both back up and running ;)

Eric

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Glad to see your post Ken and everyone here is praying for you ..get well soon

Rich

P.S. Im still holding a raincheck ;D

Mickey_Thomas
07-14-2005, 04:09 AM
Our hearts and thoughts are with you everyday Ken, I know you'll beat this thing.

paesan
07-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Bite Me 11, our prayers are with you. Stay close to the Lord, He has Great plans for you.

Farrier_Frank
07-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Check your PM box Ken... and know my prayers have been with you all along buddy.

JasonB
07-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Its good to see you on here Ken . :)
Get well soon .

Jason

Deltafisher
07-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Ken, I see you are on line right now. I was just looking back at a pm you sent me in Dec. 04 with some great advice that you gave me about my health saituation.I would hope that you take some of your own advice!!!

Stay strong and stay focused buddy,i pray for you evry night.

Dave

CHICKFISHING58
07-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Hang in there my friend I 'm saving the chicken for you ;)

HighSierra_Drifter
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Glad to see you are able to post again Ken. Hang in there. You will keep getting stonger every day ;)

Steve

TS5655
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Ken,

As you can tell everyone here misses you and are pulling for your speedy recovery. Keep visualizing those great days on Pyramid and you will be there before you know it.

Keep the faith,

Terry

Big_Country
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Ken - first time I met you was on the water on my first trip to Pyramid last December. You helped me put my son and my brother onto a load of cutthroats off Hell's Kitchen.

I, like everyone else whose lives you have touched through the Sniffer or in person, are saying prayers for you and wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

I'll be fishing Eagle next month, and Pyramid in the fall/winter - I'm sure I'll see you and your familiar Trophy on the water again soon.

Best Wishes, Tim

Let's all take a kid fishing!

Buckshot
07-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Hang in there Ken. I, like all the rest of the sniffers, look forward to the privilege of fishing with you again.
BS

drstressor
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I just got off the phone with Ken. He sounds really well and says that his doc wants him out fishing in a few weeks! ;D ;D

Hooked
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Man you made my day :)
Thank you for the godd news. The fish is now afraid ;) ;)

hoghunter3
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Great News....Thanks for sharing Doc....
Our prayers are with you Ken....

Steve_M
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Ken, The Sniffer Nation is Praying with you,With Gods speed you will be fishing in no time.Steve M

FISHSTALKER
07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Ken - I saw your boat last weekend and all looks good. I'm sure it's itching to do some fishing. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Kentnv
07-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Doc,

Thanks for the update!!! See Ken....You can beat this thing. Stay strong...I think you've got plenty of help from us all here to keep on fighting.

Hope we see you on the boat soon.

K

BITE_ME_II
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm up and about a little today (Did my house get bigger?)cause that's a long walk.

BITE ME II
8) 8)

CHICKFISHING58
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Hang in there Ken we all miss you just take it one day at a time ;)

Reno_Ragarm
07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Don't forget Ken...you're expected to come over to the dark side once you're strong enough! ;) YKW

BITE_ME_II
07-15-2005, 04:40 PM
RR that's a return to the dark side..

BITE ME II
8) 8)

THE_TROUTKING
07-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey ken good too see you on the broads again ;D ;D ;D.Hang
in there buddy we are all pulling for you.I still want a guild trip on eagle when you get stronger let me know,I praying for you.Tight lines your friend.

Brian

freon
07-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Ken, we are all glad to see you up and around a bit in such a short time, that is a good start to a full recovery. We sure did miss you at hellhole and most certainly are looking forward to seeing you again at pyramid. Get well and get back to work(play) catching fish and enjoying life, oh, take some time and post a little too when you can ;D
Freon

Rusty_Hooks
07-15-2005, 10:25 PM
RR that's a return to the dark side..

BITE ME II
8) 8)

Yep....he's back....... ;) ;D ;D

crispybrnkiller
07-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey there Ken GREAT to see you on the boards all I can say is PRAISE THE LORD !!! ;D

Cris 8)

Hooked
07-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey crispybrnkiller,
I second that. I'm a Moslem and I was praying for him too ;D ;D
Welcome back Ken. I've never fished Eagle yet, I want to fish it with you, so get well soon.
Mostafa

BassFooler
07-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Glad you are back Ken- any friend of these boards is a friend of mine. Keep a tight line on life and your reel will be screaming for years to come. Welcome back.

Matt