PDA

View Full Version : Bon Tempe 3-10-10

GNappers
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Fished 3-4 hours. Caught 2 small trout, a buddy caught 1 descent fish and another friend had 2 all on pw/pe combo. Saw other fish caught but fish may still be in accumalation mode. Osprey were bombing the water like Pelican's in the big lake. Brown pw and green or white eggs. Bite picked up after 3 and the Roe scent is what I got my fish on with a green gulp egg on the tip. My friend hadn't fished in 5 years so I am glad at least he caught 1. Nice pink meat but a lot smaller then the Pardee fish. Lauganitas and Bon Tempe were planted Tuesday. The # at the Watershed to find out if they have stocked is (415)-945-1194. I may have over reacted with the lawsuit. Probably not.

Marinpaul
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks, KDI. Do you know where they planted? I was at the dam yesterday and didn't see any fish or birds feasting other than one osprey circling. My son caught a nice one on a kastmaster on the "north" side around the dam, and I had one hit on the same lure.

Thanks.

Paul

GNappers
03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I believe they go on the dam and that is why there are signs on part of it for no fishing. I want to try the outflow but always someone there fishing. Nice job to your son on the lure fish. I get tired easily if I don't get a bite and just cast out 2 bait poles. My buddy hooked one on a jig with a split shot 1 foot above. Another guy said he got 1 on a castmaster. Had to leave about 3:30 so 1 friend could go to a dinner thing. Other buddy that stayed caught his limit after we left. Saturday I might try going later. Ralphine in Santa Rosa was stocked yesterday, heard 4,000 pounds. Not sure if that amount is true but there were huge schools getting chased up by the commerants. No bite for me and my niece in 1.5 hours. Saw some fish caught on worms, lures, flies and it is an easier lake to hook up on lures if you don't mind the drive from Marin. Either Ralphine early or Bon Tempe tommorow.

Paul_707
03-12-2010, 07:26 AM
They plant at the dam, but those fish usually move out of there after a couple days

Marinpaul
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Went out mid-morning for a couple of hours. Caught one and lost two, all on Kastmasters. No other bites, but did not try bait. Had the lake to myself in the rain. Nice outing, time to dry out the pants!

GNappers
03-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Fished today for 1.5 hours with 1 missed bite and 1 small trout released. Saw another osprey get a descent trout. I love seeing the osprey get them and hat seeing a commarant swallow a trout hole and then dive down for more. What is the limit on commarants?:krzyhunter4ez:

Marinpaul
03-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I went out today from 10:30 am to 12:45 pm. Had two bites on powerbait, landed one decent one and couldn't hook the other one. Had two hits on Kastmasters, one on for a second, then gone, and the other one just a bump. I was on the north side with only a bit of sun, and it was cold! Good outing, though. Tons of hikers out.

Marinpaul
03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Here's our catch from today: One 16" rainbow on yellow powerbait, and one 13" rainbow on a silver/blue kastmaster. Beautiful day at the lake!