PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS tracking

Radical
03-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Some how the tracking on my HDS got turned off. I haven't been able to get it turned back on. Tried to follow directions in manual but so far nothing works that I have tried. Must be some special trick. Any one have suggestions as to how this work.

Pops
03-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Have you tried the update yet? The link below might help. Good luck with it. I found this by using google to search your question.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/HDS-Update-Version-2_5_31_56-with-micro-SD-support/

Installation Instructions
Watch a Tutorial Video on Updating Your Lowrance HDS

Instructions for all HDS units EXCEPT HDS-5X. Click here for installation instructions for HDS-5X

Make sure the SD/MMC card reader is properly connected to your computer (and, if necessary, that the drivers are installed).
Insert a blank SD/MMC card that is 512MB or larger into the MMC/SD card reader.
Click on the "Install This Update From the Web" link below to go to the installation web page.
Wait for the Java web installer to download and run. Follow the Lowrance update installation instructions. If you are not sure about a step, just select the default choice. When the installer finishes you will be prompted to click Finish to exit.
Turn your Lowrance HDS unit off.
Place the MMC/SD card containing the updated operating software in the unit's MMC/SD card tray.
Turn your HDS unit on. The software update will automatically install.
After the install is complete, remove the SD card from the unit, and restart the unit.

Radical
03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I just did the update but haven't tried it yet. I updated to be able to use the structure scan I'm adding.
It will be some time before I can try tuening it on again.

Dennis
03-15-2010, 09:39 AM
You probably inadvertently turned the tracking off.
With the unit on full screen GPS (or with the GPS window highlighted)
Press Menu
Press Menu
Right arrow to expand selection
Down arrow to track
Press enter to enable if dot on right side is dark.

If that dot is blue then you'll need to press page and scroll right or left to the Waypoint/Routs/Track menu

Highlight the Track tab at the top
Then select the track and make sure the display button is blue

Radical
03-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks, I printed your instructions and will try it next time I have it fired up. Will let you know if it works.

Radical
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
It worked. Tracks are on. Thank You