PDA

View Full Version : Banking it at Del Valle - help

Striper72
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello all,
I am going to be camping at DV this weekend and it will be the first time I have ever been to this lake. Can someone point me in the right direction regarding a good location to fish for trout? I have read the recent trolling reports and it appears the water temp is cool and the fish are near surface or in the shallows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Striper72

Brutus20
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Striper, my wife and I fish DV alot and always from the bank. Right now its a tough go . The water is high so ALL of our usually productive spots are not producing. The young lady at the marina told us they would be stocking today (3/16/10 ) so i guess anywhere around the marina would be your best bet.

Good Luck Brutus

JefffromLivermore
03-17-2010, 08:29 AM
I would bank it in the south end near the arroyo. There all all kinds of fishing hanging around there, bass spawning, trout milling around in fresher water, catfish doing whatever they do, and the occasional striper getting fat on all of the above.

Striper72
03-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys, this is just the info that I was looking for. Also, thanks for mentioning tics on your other post, I too have a dog so I will be on the lookout for sure.
Striper72

JefffromLivermore
03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I caught a 5-6lb trout and a 2lb trout I released and a bass with a whacky rigged green sparkle senko at the swim beach within walking distance of camp.
My buddy Adam caught a mess of cats, probably 30lb stringer in the narrows near trees.
Trout on power bait.
Cats on chicken livers.

gulfstream
03-18-2010, 03:18 PM
i would try the west side as it seems to get less pressure. p b or try marshmello/ crawler combo. have fun, it will be beautiful:smiley:

trebleface
03-19-2010, 08:13 AM
i would use white eggs on one pole and a jointed rapala with split shot on the other. good luck!

FishnBeer
03-19-2010, 04:48 PM
which side are you camping at? the south one where you can drive to the campsite or the one you gotta hike to?

if you are at the drive in, you are right near the launch ramp area which is supposed to be good right now. that place is great in summertime, we get completely hammered and go catfishin at night from there :bartsimpson: good luck man i may be there tomorrow in my boat

JefffromLivermore
03-20-2010, 07:52 AM
They messed up the swim beach by putting up all the ropes for the swimmers. FYI

pctroutnut
03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
silver kastmasters and little cleos. big spinners in silver and white also. also try any natural looking rapala. and a silver and blue rapila.
if its super clear use gold or copper colored lures.