PDA

View Full Version : setting thread view order?

FishnBeer
03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
so on all the other forums i have been on, threads that have the latest post/response get bumped up to the top of the page.

i can do that with this new setup by clicking the tab at the bottom, but i have to do that everytime i re-open the thread. it also defaults to just showing threads from today or past 2 days.

how can i set it up so it ALWAYS shows the threads in that order of latest post to last post? and how do i get it to stay with all threads posted from past 2 weeks or so?

Fishbucket
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
You cant.. the default needs to be set by the admin.

Check Cals thread about ideas and suggestions. I've been asking for days now to have the default set.

Paul_707
03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I also noticed it is a pain how the posts go away if nobody replies in a day or two, and recent posts seem out of order.. the new setup seems a bit screwy to me.. i liked it the way it was and i think most others did too.. but im sure ill adjust... thats all im saying:spongebob:

Fishbucket
03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Adjust the settings as above the red lines in this pic. You'll have to do that everytime you move to a new board.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/NewPicture21.jpg

Paul_707
03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
ah i see, thank you joe

FS Marketing
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Setting thread viewing order:

Up in the right hand corner of the forums click on “Settings” (http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/usercp.php)

Scroll down the list on the left to “General Settings:"

Down the page to “Threads Display Options”

Choose your preference of “Thread Display Mode:”

~ While you are in editing your settings check all your settings including time zone.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/images/misc/unknown.gifAlso, edit your profile the same way up in the upper right of the forums "My Profile" (http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/member.php?u=1)

Add a profile image of your choice to replace the unknown user image that currently appears next to your username in your profile.

Feel free to share these tips and suggestions with your friends.

ah i see, thank you joe

Fishbucket
03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Duane,

That does not work unless your looking at a particular "Thread".

We want it to show all the Threads in that order as above the red lines in the pic I posted when your on a single "Board".

Is it only me that see it this way??.

fishwishin
03-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Is it only me that see it this way??.

Nope, I fully agree. This needs to look like the old site in order to succeed :thumbup:

:cool:

MoMoney
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Even tough I only look at 3 or 4 forums it is a pain in the neck to set the order each time i revisit.I tried changing it the way duane explained but I still have the same problem.

Fishbucket
03-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I tried changing it the way duane explained but I still have the same problem.

The way Duane explains it (and others who have suggested it that way). Is that, that way, only works on 1 individual post or thread....
NOT on the board, ie: Sturgeon Board or Trout Board. that the threads are located.

To view them like the old Site, you have to change the Thread View Order each and everytime to go to that Board.

THAT is what I would like locked as a Default. Or, have it lock after I set it.
I know I'm not the only one that understands this.

Duane,
If you still dont see what I'm talking about , I'll be happy to give you my number via a PM and walk you thru what I am talking about.

fishwishin
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Please take Fishbucket up on his offer Duane. In order to be user friendly this really needs to get done.
:cool:

Smeja
03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Even tough I only look at 3 or 4 forums it is a pain in the neck to set the order each time i revisit.I tried changing it the way duane explained but I still have the same problem.

x100

this boards become too hard for me to use. its a pain to get on here lately. lets try an make it more user friendly. this is my huge issue right here. hard to tell whos posted when and what without changing settings everytime you check a forum.

sturgeon_general
04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
And I thought the problem was me,ha!It is set up "ass backwards".I agree, it is becoming a chore to view the threads on this web site,"The Sturgeon General".

CRABBY
04-18-2010, 03:43 PM
SG,as of now all has been fixed,you need to go to your general settings an set them per Duanes instructions,very simple to do.Don