PDA

View Full Version : Quarry march 18

youngling
03-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Fished Quarry Lakes this morning. Had all lines in by 0515. It was a nice and calm and the water was like glass. There weren't that much anglers at the peninsula like it used to be 2 weeks ago. There were just 3 of us there. At 0600 an angler far to my left had a bite but missed it. Then at 0725 I saw my bell jingle just a little bit and I first thought it may be the wind. I looked closer at the bell and saw it jingle again but not going up. So I picked up my rod and waited. Then the bell slowwwwly went up and as soon as the slack was taken I set the hook. BAM! It felt heavy and my pole bent. I had a feeling this was no ordinary plant. The fish started to swim left towards the submerged christmas trees and I knew I had to keep him from going there or else it would get tangled. So I kept reeling him as fast as he kept pulling my drag. Finally as I got him closer to shore he kept making a run out when a fellow angler tried to net him. After 3 or 4 runs he got tired and was in the net thanks to that fellow angler. By 0800 I had to leave. That was my only bite for the morning, a 5lb 10oz trout. However this can't compare to LIF's 9#er caught this week! Now that's a FISH! Great catch LUCKY! You inspire me to catch WHOPPER of all whoppers!

Nice and calm morning.

My catch for today.

FISH ON!:cheesy:

GNappers
03-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Nice fish once again. Just bought my first issue of the Sniffer in many years and you and your kids are in it. Pretty cool to meet a Fellow Sniffer and then see them on the pages. Once again your kids are all smiles.

youngling
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice fish once again. Just bought my first issue of the Sniffer in many years and you and your kids are in it. Pretty cool to meet a Fellow Sniffer and then see them on the pages. Once again your kids are all smiles.

Thanks GNappers. I think I better get my first issue of Sniffer too. FISH ON!

FoldCat81
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Nice Fish! I was out there at 10am to the left of the beach. No bites, nothing I left at 2pm without any action, I didn't see anyone catch except a quarter pound trout that a guy next to me caught. It was so small he didn't even know the fish was on the line. The water level is too high and yuckyyy.

pctroutnut
03-18-2010, 03:57 PM
nice fish and nice pics. looks like a great day to be out fishing.

Serial_Kriller
03-19-2010, 06:06 AM
The water level is too high and yuckyyy.

Was all that green algae muck still floating on the surface that I saw two weeks ago?

Once again, nice job YL on landing another PIG!

youngling
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
SK ~ where I was at the peninsula there was green algae but not of the yucky muck around fishermans row. Also DFG planted 1000lbs on Wed and I think East Bay should have planted 750lbs on Thurs. Well the fish are definitely out there at Quarry. Good luck all and FISH ON!

FoldCat81
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Was all that green algae muck still floating on the surface that I saw two weeks ago?

Once again, nice job YL on landing another PIG!

YES! Lots of it along with the white/green foam...:hitoverhead:

FoldCat81
03-19-2010, 08:30 AM
I forgot to mention all the big carp that was mud wrestling in that stuff and kept running through my line.

P.S. I was there till 2pm and did not see a plant, I was told by the ranger it could be thur. or fri from Mt. Lasson.

trouthunters
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice looking fish there Youngling!! You will get that 10lb + trout out there next time. I never have much luck when fishing Quarry. Where is the peninsula place that you guys are talking about? It that the island looking place across from the fishermen's row?

Rather_B_Fishin
03-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Nice! Congrats YL, thanks for the report and pics. :smile:

youngling
03-19-2010, 11:54 AM
trouthunter ~ that's exactly it! That island looking place across Fishermans row is the peninsula. I usually fish the part of the peninsula where the water narrows so from where I can see fishermans row is way right of me, not across. Good luck and FISH ON!!

LuckyIrishFan
03-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Youngling, congrats on your WHOPPER my friend:D!!! Pics are great, and thanks for sharing the latest Quarry report. I'll let you know soon when I can get a chance to get out there early in the morning so we could fish. Good Luck to you if you're going to fish the weekend, and FISH ON:D!!!

Raider510
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Has anybody had any luck at Shinn pond, or the smaller pond to the east of it? I haven't fished it yet, I was just curious as to how the fish are biting there before I go. Thanks for your replies, happy fishing!