PDA

View Full Version : New to sturgeon fishing......

Rookie1
03-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Looking for some insight<help>How long of leader,cable or mono?Where to go for shore fishing around Sacramento.Tried Knights landing for 3 day's No luck,All help is greatly appreciated.

alpha8
03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
What i've heard that the hot spot rite now is across from miller park the yolo side is pretty good for sturgeon in the moring and striper so you can try there. as far as leader goes i used 80lb mono leader and abouot 2 and a half feet hope that help on yeah bait eel and pile

Fishbucket
03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
dont walk.. But RUN!!.. Run from the river !!...

Sturgeon fishing leads to a life of staring at every body of water thinking one might be in there.. you'll spend hundereds on a Rod and Reel... even more on bait, scents, and gimicks trying to catch another...you wont shave or shower all weekend.. Your Boat will be abused and crusted with salt...your hands will smell of bait... your clothes will have eel, and shrimp gut stains...people will part as you walk.. Not because you think you have become some sort of Sturgeon God they should revere !!... because you Stink to high heaven..

Dont do it!!... take my advice. you'll become listless and lifeless when you cant go because you have to mow the lawn.. or work.. or spend time with the family....
RUN !!.. RUN FAST !!....

you have been warned......