PDA

View Full Version : oyster pt. halibut

untalan1
03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Well I had the boat hooked up and ready to go last night with the intention of getting an early start.Woke up today at 6am and was now contemplating even going.Made myself breakfast walked and fed the dog and goofed around on the computer.After reading some post I got myself worked up.Got to OP around 10:30 and trolling 11.Started out in front and made my way to the birdcage with no such luck.Decided to make a run up to Hunters pt. and tried there also with no such luck.The winds started to pick up so I called it a day at 2:30. Met a few guys at the dock and they had said they hadn't any luck either. Did meet fellow sniffer Firetrout and son who had got into a few of the flatties.I'll leave it up to him to tell the specifics.I had read the bite was an early and late bite,.Oh wll better then sitting at home on the couch.Efren

MoMoney
03-28-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks for the report.Glad to see you made it out.hopefully will be joining you soon.

firetrout
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
I did have a great day considering it was slow for most boaters. I bought bait at the bait shop, John saw my son was with me today and stated, "now I know you will get one". :smiley: Bought bag of anchovies, started at 9:30 in front of green bldg. for nada. Picked up at 10:15 headed down to birdcage, about 7 other boats working the area. Baited with new anchovies at 10:30 Bam one on, son brings in a 25 incher. heading north hit another one 45 minutes later, throw back 21 1/2 inches. Went north to the tubes and turned around at 1:40 south trolled back to O.P. at 2:10 Bam a 26 inch Hali. Son thought it was time to call it a day. We had a great day and weather was beautiful.

Nice seeing you, Del Valle will have to wait for me, I had 2 skunks in a row there.:seestars:

Polebrother
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the reports...thinking about giving Oyster Pt and south bay a try for first time. Have trolled north bay before. A few questions: How much does it cost to launch at OP and do they have a wash down station? Also, where is the birdcage and tubes...how do I recognize them from the water? Thanks.

hansolo2009
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
$10.
yes on washdown.
as for birdcage & tubes, you can ask the oyster point bait shop and they will point it out to you. they're located right where the put-in is...

Polebrother
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks Hansolo2009...I appreciate your reply!