PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Fishing

themonkey40
04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I am moving to San Francisco and looking for freshwater fishing close to the city. I will be living downtown and really hope there are some fun fishing close by (30-45 min drive). If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advanced,

City Fishing

Fishbucket
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
look up Lake Merced... down on the south west side of the city.. off 19th Ave. Used to be pretty good...
Also, Up north of the Gate in Marin County. lots of good small water lakes. bon tempe, lagunitus..nicassio.. a bunch others I cant remember. most I've never been to.
A better lake for a boat is Lake Sonoma. alittle farther north in Sonoma county.

I'm sure others will repy with more specfic stuff.

Welcome.

fishing925
04-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the board. Unless you want to come to the east bay, fishbucket said it all.

HawaiianHooker
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Take up salt water fishing, you will be in prime territory to catch striped bass and halibut from shore or the piers...

I am moving to San Francisco and looking for freshwater fishing close to the city. I will be living downtown and really hope there are some fun fishing close by (30-45 min drive). If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advanced,

City Fishing