PDA

View Full Version : More on why the Trout are not being stocked in Calif!

Nor_Cal_Dale
04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
What a bunch of tree hugger garbage! I am also sure not all the ponds etc, he is talking about even contain stocked Trout! Trout have been in most of these waters long before any Environmentalist ever stepped foot on the land! (Survival of the fittest!)

http://anuranblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/california-endangered-species-act.html

What about the businesses and jobs affected by this?

E mail this idiot and let him know what you think! Dr. Roland Knapp knapp@lifesci.ucsb.edu

Nor_Cal_Dale
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Hmm guys no replies or comments out of 200 reads. Whats up I speak the truth here? Leave our fishing alone beaurocrats!

Dale

drifli
04-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Hmm guys no replies or comments out of 200 reads. Whats up I speak the truth here? Leave our fishing alone beaurocrats!

Dale
Take this how you want but you should due some simple research and you can find what waters held trout prior to planting .You might be surprised to find many sierra lakes were void of fish .I on the other hand could care less about this frog that people are worried about .

Brutus20
04-04-2010, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=drifli;764036]Take this how you want but you should due some simple research and you can find what waters held trout prior to planting .You might be surprised to find many sierra lakes were void of fish .I on the other hand could care less about this frog that people are worried about .[/QUOT

I'd like to see your list of sierra lakes void of fish in the 1800's. I'm pretty sure that would take a lot more than simple research. And the frogs are not the main concern above 2000 ft. It has to do with Willow Flycatcher, a species of migratory bird.

............................Brutus

drifli
04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=drifli;764036]Take this how you want but you should due some simple research and you can find what waters held trout prior to planting .You might be surprised to find many sierra lakes were void of fish .I on the other hand could care less about this frog that people are worried about .[/QUOT

I'd like to see your list of sierra lakes void of fish in the 1800's. I'm pretty sure that would take a lot more than simple research. And the frogs are not the main concern above 2000 ft. It has to do with Willow Flycatcher, a species of migratory bird.

............................Brutus
yep trout have to compet for food with the willow flycatcher so this might just hold up some more of these none native trout species from being planted .I am confused buy what you mean ( main concern).the willow flycatcher has been studied for many years and its struggle to survive in the ever changing environment is nothing new.I know this is just one of many concerns with planting nonnative fish in these lakes and drainage's .and yes most sierra lakes were void of fish ,not all but a significant amount .

Dustriver
04-05-2010, 06:50 PM
"The whole thing is a farce considering how many man-made lakes are not being stocked."