PDA

View Full Version : Fooled in April

NorthBay Troutster
04-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Well today was probably my 6th outing of the month! And i'm just getting over my sixth skunk in a row! Since I posted that nice 4.5lb I caught at quarry witch was on March 31 Nothing. But not that I haven't had opportunities. Lots of bites a couple hook ups but cant seem to land a fish! I been all over this month. Quarry, San Pablo (Thank you LIF for the info with some spots I was there right in the middle of the day did manage a couple bites at the pines short strikes though) Bon tempe, and today YutDawg and I trolled DV. Nothing on top nothing on the wire! :embarassed: Well there was some excitement I got out of my skunks. When I was at San Pablo, I was about to leave and looked over to this 9-10 year old boy fishing with his dad. His rod was strait out his bobber was jumping and his rod tip was practically slapping the ground. He sets the hook and fight on. I saw this kid have the fight of his life. He fell down reeling, the fish kept making runs and after 8 solid minuets he lands a very nice 5lb.:smiley: I gave him a big thumbs up. Just reminded me of catching fish with my dad when I was real young but never had a fight like that.
On top of all that last night after I got back from Bon Tempe I went by my dads because him and his buddie were going to Bon Tempe this morning. I dropped him off some white P/E and brown P/W and told him to throw that at them. Pops reports back at noon after catching Ten fish. A couple 13's and a real nice 16"
Well back to the drawing board! I got to shake this skunk soon! As always Fish On!

yutdawg
04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Today was a bust! :thumbdown: Oh well better luck next time. At least the zune didnt fall in the lake. I shouldnt have talked about the black and white kitty on the way to the lake! Dont worry there's still like 20 days left in April, your not the fool yet! :lipsrsealed:

Fishbucket
04-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Thats been a tough haul for you in the last 10 days... But, since now you've talked about it in the open, I see better days for you.
Sometimes... you just have to own it. Then you can give it away to the next poor sap.. :stomper:

Jetspray
04-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Never keep all of the eggs in one basket they get spoiled. You had a good day by being out there and giving it a try. There will always be another day to give it a try. Use everything in your box but make sure you give it some flash like the colors gold, silver, red, orange whatever it takes:heart::vrolijk_26:.......Jetspray

fishca
04-10-2010, 05:38 PM
NBT - sorry to hear about your recent skunks.

I met you at Quarry on 3/31 and helped net that nice 4.5 pounder.

On your next outing try that technique that we discussed - walk away from your poles and chat with your neighbor - and you're guaranteed to catch fish. Good luck.

Fishbucket
04-10-2010, 06:52 PM
walk away from your poles and chat with your neighbor - and you're guaranteed to catch fish.

Thats like the ol' fill your hands with a sandwich and soda trick... :thumbsup:

Talon
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
NBT - sorry to hear about your recent skunks.

I met you at Quarry on 3/31 and helped net that nice 4.5 pounder.

On your next outing try that technique that we discussed - walk away from your poles and chat with your neighbor - and you're guaranteed to catch fish. Good luck.
I used that trick on January 3rd this year with mixed results. I did hook a nice sized trout, my surgeon says the torn muscle in my left leg I got from trying to get to my pole before it ended up in the water will heal and I will only be off work another 3 months. The other downside is that my family will no longer let me go fishing.

Jetspray
04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
I used that trick on January 3rd this year with mixed results. I did hook a nice sized trout, my surgeon says the torn muscle in my left leg I got from trying to get to my pole before it ended up in the water will heal and I will only be off work another 3 months. The other downside is that my family will no longer let me go fishing.

I always thought it was taking a nap that brought them in. Get someone to go fishing with you that way you won't have to walk too far.....Jetspray