PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 4-9-2010

fishingguysf
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
My gf and I hit Quarry Lakes today from 1-7pm. The weather was very nice, but the fishing was not that great. I thought it was going to be good, since they just planted 750lbs Thursday. Fished the Peninsula, caught my first fish within the first 15 minutes. 13 inch planter with pink meat. Thought it was going to be a good day, but only got one other bite for me that I missed. My gf had two bites and missed both of them. Only saw one other fish caught that looked like a nice 3 pounder. Heard from the lady at the booth that someone caught a 8+ pounder today in the morning. Also, she told me someone caught a 17.5 pounder on Tuesday in the cove by the handicap fishing dock. That is one big fish!!!! Good luck to everyone heading out there this weekend!!! Until next time...

Fishon!!!

NorthBay Troutster
04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
17.5lb Thats large size! The lake record cant be much more than that! At least no skunk thanks for the report.

LuckyIrishFan
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
FGF, thanks for the Quarry report. I agree with NBT that at least you and your lady did not get skunked. As for the 17.5lber, I'd find some way to get it on my wall. Good Luck on the next fishing trip and FISH ON:grin:!!!

youngling
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
FGSF ~ thanks for the report. I only caught 1 that morning and missed 2 bites. Only saw the 1 pounders or less getting caught when I was there from 0530-0800 that morning. Slow morning overall. Well good luck next time and FISH ON!

bugsydog
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Whats the best bait to use if fishing from the shore?

fishingguysf
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Bugsydog. Well, I usually use Rainbow Glitter Powerbait, but all my bites this time were with the Poweregg and Powerworm combo. I was using Rainbow Orange and Yellow Powereggs and Orange Powerworm. My gf got her bites on a similar setup. The guy that caught the 3 pounder used Green Powereggs and White Powerworm. We usually dip our bait with an attractant. Best of luck if you head out there.

Fishon!!!

Jetspray
04-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Bugsydog. Well, I usually use Rainbow Glitter Powerbait, but all my bites this time were with the Poweregg and Powerworm combo. I was using Rainbow Orange and Yellow Powereggs and Orange Powerworm. My gf got her bites on a similar setup. The guy that caught the 3 pounder used Green Powereggs and White Powerworm. We usually dip our bait with an attractant. Best of luck if you head out there.

Fishon!!!

Powerworm on hook, surround hook with Turbodough/powerbait, surround that with Gulp and you won't need to dip the presentation (called a mouse because of the worm sticking out).......Jetspray

bugsydog
04-11-2010, 08:35 AM
What size hook, or leader set-up was used? the reason i'm asking these boring questions is i was born and raised in santa clara and left 20yrs ago and i'm here for this week for my mothers 65th birthday and want to take her to a lake that produces a good bite, we'll be fishing from the shore. Thanks for all the help

bugsydog
04-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks for helping out, i'll let you know.

fishingguysf
04-11-2010, 11:36 PM
I use about a 36 inch leader line, sliding sinker with single hook. Hook size, one that just fits two powereggs and put a powerworm on the end so it looks like a T. Hope this helps and let us know how you do. This is the setup that most people use at Quarry. I also like to use Rainbow Glitter Powerbait, since sometimes this works better than the other setup.

Fishon!!!

bugsydog
04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Went to Quarry lake to day for the first time ever. The high winds and heavy rain played out all day. thanks to the helpful hints by Northbaytroutster and Fishingguysf i managed to catch a 3lb and 2lber. I'm visiting family so and not fimilar with the computer to post pictures at this time but i will when i get back to las vegas next week. If the weather clears up i'm going to take my mother there on wednesday and will keep everyone posted. thanks again for the pointers without your help this might have been a no catch week.

fishingguysf
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey Bugsydog, great you got out there and caught a couple of nice ones. I might hit Quarry up on Thursday. We are going to Contra Loma Wednesday. Good luck if you go out again and hope your mother lands a nice lunker!!!

Fishon!!!

NorthBay Troutster
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Went to Quarry lake to day for the first time ever. The high winds and heavy rain played out all day. thanks to the helpful hints by Northbaytroutster and Fishingguysf i managed to catch a 3lb and 2lber. I'm visiting family so and not fimilar with the computer to post pictures at this time but i will when i get back to las vegas next week. If the weather clears up i'm going to take my mother there on wednesday and will keep everyone posted. thanks again for the pointers without your help this might have been a no catch week.

Glad you hear you got into a couple nice fish. Im going to be out there to marrow hope you had a good day today if you got out! Fish On!

bugsydog
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
When out today with mom (happy birthday), well we tried from 8 am till 5pm and only one bite. Well maybe next time.