PDA

View Full Version : power pro vs spiderwire

dizzle1
04-15-2010, 12:15 AM
which braid is better ive only found the power pro up to 50 lb test and was wondering which is better between the 2 iveheard the old spiderwire wasnt rounded so it would gouge the guides on your rod just seeking opinions and experience to help me decide what i shouold use on my penn captiva reel
thanks

FishItswuts4dinner
04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Power Pro lines go up pass 100lbs. Power pro lines are rounder by it's special braiding. Imo, use only spider wire if you have no choice. Power pro all the way. What are you using the reel for? Fishing from boat or bank?

Team Opus
04-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Pro lines go up pass 100lbs. Power pro lines are rounder by it's special braiding. Imo, use only spider wire if you have no choice. Power pro all the way. What are you using the reel for? Fishing from boat or bank?

+1 , the first braid I used was spiderwire. I didn't have any complaints but when I switched to powerpro I noticed my casting distance went through the roof, which I believe is due to PP being rounder..Go with the PP you won't regret it! :thumbsup:

dizzle1
04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
thanks for the input looks like il be getting some pp and now that you mention it the distance im casting doesnt seem to be that far either and im using a 8 ft beef stick. for now its from the bank bu thopefully in the next month it will be back on the boat once its finished being rebuilt

Swimbaitjunkie
04-16-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't like spider wire B cause it's flat..after weeks of fishing the line is junk.. PP last longer N cast smoother... U can also try sufix

BeefCakeScout
04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Another vote for PP here. SW chewed my eyes up pretty bad for one, but my distance is GREATLY improved also with the PP.