PDA

View Full Version : help with braid

LILALILFA
04-15-2010, 08:03 AM
anyone have any ideas/tips on reducing or eliminating braid that's knotted up? i keep on getting tangled up with knots when i cast...i've done almost everything i know but it keeps on knotting up when i cast...any help or information would be very appreciated...thanks!

Bigg A
04-15-2010, 09:06 AM
What kind of braid is it...brand? I had that problem when I tried 10# spiderwire years ago and never used it again. I switched to PP and havent had that problem but I also havent tried 10# test again either. Did you spool it on tight?

trebleface
04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
My tips on this is switch this reel on another rod. I did this yesterday with my 2 reels. One with braided 5 and another with braided 10. I had problems casting all day, switched reels and it was perfect. You have to balance out the rod, line, and weight of what youre casting. Btw I was using Power pro

LILALILFA
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
i have 20lb. suffix on a penn cativa cv2000 with an 7ft medium light shakespea. i had the basspro shop guys re-spool it twice for me but it still does it...

ssgtpetersen
04-15-2010, 02:39 PM
there are diffrent kinds of braid the most com are hollow witch flatens and in turn twist when that happens then theres two ply which is a braided out side with strands inside witch is stronger for the diamiter and stays rounder so switch to two-ply like power pro and it the line twist should stop if your using bait casting but if your using spining make sure your putting the line on the rite way and using swivels and your lures or bait is running true and you shouldnt have a prolbelm

Bigg A
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Some store workers cant spool line correctly, I've seen it a few times..lol.Buy a spool and do it yourself and see what happens.

LILALILFA
04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
thanks fellas...i'll try all ya'll tips out...

chrisd
04-16-2010, 08:11 AM
there are diffrent kinds of braid the most com are hollow witch flatens and in turn twist when that happens then theres two ply which is a braided out side with strands inside witch is stronger for the diamiter and stays rounder so switch to two-ply like power pro and it the line twist should stop if your using bait casting but if your using spining make sure your putting the line on the rite way and using swivels and your lures or bait is running true and you shouldnt have a prolbelm

I think that may be your solution.