PDA

View Full Version : Gps/fishfinder combo

Skipjack24
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm looking for a gps/ fishfinder unit. I'd like to spend between 1000 and 1500. What's the best one for salmon and rockfishing?

Ken Sauret
04-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Hello Skipjack,

My name is Ken Sauret. I live in Paso Robles and fish out of Morro Bay a little bit. I am a bass fisherman most of the time though. Last year a friend of mine who I go into the salt with wanted to go up near the light house at Pierdra Blancas but there are closed areas up there. I found the gps coordinates of the closed areas and placed them on the screen so we would know what area to stay out of. Later when we got back and put the boat on the trailer in Morro Bay a game warden approached us. He asked us where we had fished and when Jim showed him our trail where we fished that day and that the closed areas were marked on the chart screen and our trail indicated that we had not entered the closed areas he said that he wished everyone was as prepared as us.

You may take a look at the new HDS by Lowrance. It is a very clear sonar picture with easy to use GPS features. The HDS units are ready for radar also. All you have to do is connect an approiate radar antenna and select radar on the unit.

If you have any questions please post them and I will be happy to answer them here so everyone can benifit.

Ken Sauret
Lowrance Pro Staff

Fishbucket
04-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I have an LCX27c and love it. ( besides the GPS antenna going bad just after a yr.)
the Screen is large enough and you can flip flop on using the two cards that live in the slots. right on the machine. plenty of features encluding radar. and with lowrance net cabling you can connect your latemodel engine to it or another fishfinder and have everything linked.
it's old school to the new HDS units... but may be a better buy, allowing some money left over to actually go fishing.

Seon
04-18-2010, 04:55 AM
I bought the LCX112C with 10.4" screen. It's fantastic. The reason why I bought this unit is because of all the problems that the HDS were experiencing. I sent you a PM.