PDA

View Full Version : Put a few in the boat at Del Valle 4-18

JefffromLivermore
04-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Correction, it was 4-17

It was a nice day for an afternoon trolling run at Del Valle. My child got herself a job at the Marina and Dad gets a complimentary boat once in a while, Saturday was the maiden voyage that started at 1PM.
Still fished the south end for nada with newly growing lake weeds fouling the good fishing from the boat. The south end seems easier for bankers than boaters.
Trolled my trusty gold panther martin for a lot of line twist, fixed that and put on a f5 fire tiger rapala and a j7 shad colored rapala for two in the boat, one in the narrows and the other out at the dam.
I'll be better prepared for trolling next time.
I finished the day at my spot for 3 bites missed.

Kyfffish
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I was out there all Saturday afternoon without a bite. Was using similiar lures. How deep were you trolling? The only fish I saw were in the parking lot. A guy was taking pictures of a couple of nice ones.

Correction, it was 4-17

It was a nice day for an afternoon trolling run at Del Valle. My child got herself a job at the Marina and Dad gets a complimentary boat once in a while, Saturday was the maiden voyage that started at 1PM.
Still fished the south end for nada with newly growing lake weeds fouling the good fishing from the boat. The south end seems easier for bankers than boaters.
Trolled my trusty gold panther martin for a lot of line twist, fixed that and put on a f5 fire tiger rapala and a j7 shad colored rapala for two in the boat, one in the narrows and the other out at the dam.
I'll be better prepared for trolling next time.
I finished the day at my spot for 3 bites missed.

Brutus20
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Jeff,as hot as your poles been out there you could of probably trolled cigarette butts and caught fish. Someone told me once a true bank fisherman will never get comfortable trolling. I say comp me a boat and I'd jump all over the chance too. Mrs Brutus has been on me to rent a boat so it looks like I'll be trying my hand at a little trolling soon. See you out there and thanks for posting.

.................Brutus........

JefffromLivermore
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
This might be TMI but my butt hurt from riding in the boat for the past few days so I went to my spot at 9:30AM and caught and released 10 fishing with Dan. Adam found me later and reported 3 smallmouth on a gold kastmaster in the swim areas. It was nice until the wind wrecked the fishing at about 3PM.

As for trolling I was using a diving rapala that runs about 8 ft down with a 1/4oz egg sinker 4 feet up to help it stay down. I estimate I was trolling in the top 10-12ft of water.

Try the fallen trees in the narrows and T-Beach out near the dam.