PDA

View Full Version : How is Collins doing?

Adoboat
04-18-2010, 06:57 AM
any reports?

renorich
04-18-2010, 08:38 AM
any reports?
Was at Collins last week and it rained for two days straight. The last two times I've went there there were only a few fish caught. If you check their website it seems that alot of fish are being taken, but in reality , very few for the amount of fishermen. I've come to the conclusion that after you register and they count all the people, they just release two fish per fisherman! lol. It's a very Jeclyl and Hyde lake.

CRABBY
04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
renorich,sorry about the lack of fish,but as you saw on your fish finder it is loaded with fish,collins isn't like some lakes where the same lure or combo works day after day,you gotta switch up often,have as many poles as legal in the water all with diff stuff,have all your extra poles rigged up an ready to go,switch out your stuff every 1/2 hr.or sooner,try diff.stuff,don't be afraid to think out of the box(norm)weird stuff,diff.stuff is usually what it takes.Get goofy an be diff.those that do are usually well rewarded,once you figuar out what collins trout want,things should be better.Don

Miner_Moe
04-19-2010, 05:18 PM
We have been doing great one day(15+fish)then the next only able to scratch out 5 or 6 fish.The g2 jigger really works well on collins with a grub,trolling fly or repala set up.They are getting well over half the fish we catch.Another boat out there now has 1 g2 stacker and one of the g2 downrigger balls and he called me after his first day with them and he caught more fish in 1 day that he had caught in his last 4 trips out there.NO Bull fellas they kick butt. We have used them on Stampede and they are again doing VERY VERY well for the Macks.This is the most excited I have been about a new product EVER,,,If anyone has any questions just go to www.minermoes.com (http://www.minermoes.com) and click on cut2spec.I have worked out a discount for people that order from my web page...I don't make a dime but I have got a few guides from people wanting to see them in action...You can always just call me and I will give you the low down on them and we have had lots of guys meet us out on the water at Collins to see them in action from thier own boats...My number is on the web page(call the house # if I dont pick up guide line)

hotdog
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Take Don's (excellent) advice.
Collins is loaded with fish but they will make you work for your limit at times. Here's a hint, sometimes less is more when the fish aren't cooperating, like running a worm or chunk of powerbait alone with no other form of attractor at all.

Bloodthirsty
04-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Now you tell me....already got mine. Just to let everyone know that I lost a propeller and I called Cut2spec up and talked with Adam....he toldly took care of me. Adam and his father live in New England and have sucessfully been using prototypes for twenty years. This one is just the most user friendly. I still will probably get a stacker through you. THX.

CRABBY
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM
HD,there you go givin secrets away again:stirthepot: DON................Mark sending you PM