PDA

View Full Version : Amador 4/18

stpritch
04-19-2010, 07:24 AM
was up at Amador Sunday. Nothin happennin at all. tried PB, gulp eggs, gulp worms. finally moved around by the campsites...more of the same. just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas that might help up there? it seemed slow for everyone i saw, so i don't think it was just me but...

Bloodthirsty
04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
The word on the boards is dont go to Amador...save your money. Easy fishing at Collins right now. High sierra lakes will start as well.

stpritch
04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
thanks. hadn't been there in years and thought i'd give it a try. been going to pardee mostly. just been lookin for something close to the valley for day trips with kids, ya know.

flytier
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
They just aren't planting any numbers despite what they might tell you at the store or show on their signpost.

Amador is a "put and take" fishery. So that means nothing in - nothing out.

Sorry to see it go down like this but they have permanently lost all of their credibility with me and I'm still annoyed by my last three or four wasted trips (and $$$) up there. If I wanted to fish in a body of water without any trout in it I'd use the local pond where the fishing is free.

B-RAN
04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Man I was waiting on some word.. It's too bad it had to be this way :embarassed: Thanks for letting me know. I was really considering trying to see if amador still sucks. Thats just too bad..

FISHIN_BUDDY
04-21-2010, 06:53 AM
I just unfroze the last of the amabows, the good chunky kind... Need to restock, too bad for amador, I just don't see myself paying $32 for a chance of one or two fish. At that price I would like to be sure I bring something back.

Any suggestions on a put & take fishery I should visit, (pls dont recommend lake safeway! etc) I wanna actually catch the fish I will eat.:smiley:

TX

Jetspray
04-21-2010, 07:05 AM
I just unfroze the last of the amabows, the good chunky kind... Need to restock, too bad for amador, I just don't see myself paying $32 for a chance of one or two fish. At that price I would like to be sure I bring something back.

Any suggestions on a put & take fishery I should visit, (pls dont recommend lake safeway! etc) I wanna actually catch the fish I will eat.:smiley:

TX
Try fishing Tahoe $52 just to launch your livewelled boat. Fish Costco they are cheaper. Sorry to hear about Amador though, nice lake to troll.......Jetspray