PDA

View Full Version : Quarry APR 19

youngling
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
My son is on spring break this week so we fished the peninsula from 1100-1400. When we got there we saw an angler with an 8pounder on his stringer which he got around 1000. We hope to get one too of equal or lesser size. After having all lines in we got a bite within 30mins and it was FISH ON! It was the usual 12incher idaho. Then we had a few nibbles here and there but no takers. However there were a few carp doing their spawning ritual around the area near the surface. They looked like they could be close to 15-20lbs. Its probably those carp hitting my lines as they swim by. Anyways, after awhile I moved one pole to another and casted out. After putting on the bell it immediately starts twitching. I watched it and it started to go up and I set the hook. FISH ON! Our 2nd and last fish of the day was another 12incher idaho. Overall had a good day out on the water. Left by 1400 since it was getting windy.

Kids eating lunch
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/magleham/Quarry%20Lakes/DSC09573.jpg

2 for the stringer
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/magleham/Quarry%20Lakes/DSC09575.jpg

FISH ON!

Floating Office
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks youngling for the report and nice job showing your kids how fun fishing is by getting one on the stringer more times then not. And you do put your time in...I think you went 3 days in a row...what a life!
I hope to take my son some day...he's only a year and a few months old right now.

SO WHATS UP WITH ALL THE SMALL TROUT! Is Quarry Lakes are cutting corners on stocking from Mt. Lassen because DFG is planting more due to the law suite (surplus of trout)? I'm just disappointed with Quarry...I know Del Valle is still kicking out pigs.

I just dont remember so many small 8-13" trout last year...the whole deal with EB park lakes is the chance of getting the 2+lber or at least the solid 16". Otherwise there is plenty of lakes on this side of the bay that only stock DFG size trout.

Anyways, it looks like your kids dont care and thats what counts I guess! I hope you get a big one soon, cus you definetly put in the time. Hope to see you out there soon!

LuckyIrishFan
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Matt, congrats to you and your kids for landing some fish:smiley:. I can't wait to take my kids out fishing with me again. I'm jealous because you got to have fun and fish while I had to work. I just can't wait to go fishing this week. Thanks for sharing the latest Quarry report and pics. FISH ON:grin:!!!

fishingguysf
04-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey Matt, Great to see your kids into fishing!! Glad you got into some fish, even though they were not lunkers. I heard from Fisherman Fred on Sunday and it was dead for him. We were planning to go there, but went to Contra Loma instead. Hope to hit Quarry up later this week.

Fishon!!!

youngling
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Jeff ~ its a lot of hard work too fishing with the kids...getting ready, packing up all the gear, making them go potty and making sure they don't take stuff out of the tackle box and leaving them somewhere else. I have my girl playing with powerbait with glitter as if it were play dough to keep her busy. She still had glitter on her scalp even after taking a shower. ha ha ha! But its worth it especially since they really don't care what size fish we catch (even though I do).

Guy ~ Contra Loma was a good choice! If it was dead for Fisherman Fred then its most certainly dead (or really slooowww) for everybody else.

Well good luck and FISH ON all!

GNappers
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Mat thank you for the heads up. Great pics with the kids, and I think they could have caught minnows and been fine.