PDA

View Full Version : Help!@#$%^?@

redsok
04-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a lowrance lms 527 iGPS and i geting _ at it. I love to fish the salt but this darn thing keeps losing its signal, and you know how the fog rolls in at bodega and trying to manuver the bar as well and i depend on it. I have kept the top canvas down even as someone told me it may be blocking the signal but to no avail. last sat. it lost half my route. any input would be great. I told the wife i need an upgrade what would you suggest and should i go external?

Fishbucket
04-20-2010, 04:09 AM
I'd bet your GPS antenna went bad. Give them a call to check to see if warrenty is still good then send it in.
They had a string of bad antennas, so even radar knocks out...

ReelJerks
04-20-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd bet your GPS antenna went bad. Give them a call to check to see if warrenty is still good then send it in.
They had a string of bad antennas, so even radar knocks out...

Probably NO warranty with an LMS unit since it was originally only for one year. First thing I would do is borrow an external module from a friend just to make sure it's not the head unit. If it IS the internal module then you can upgrade to the newest and greatest LGC-4000 for about $259, maybe Navico would give you a deal?, or shop for an LGC-3000 module.

Ken Sauret
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
The best thing to do is to ask Lowrance how much it will cost to repair the unit. The LMS units only had a one year warranty. Although the new HDS units come with a two year warranty. Check around for prices on an HDS 5 with Nautic Insight mapping. The Nautic Insight mapping will show the coastline and all navigable waters like the San Joaquin River and the Delta but no inland lakes.

Call customer service at 1-800-324-1356. They man the phones from 8:15 AM to 4:45 PM Central Standard Time. I have found that Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays are the busiest days with Wednesday and Thursday the better days to call. Remember to call at 6:15 AM Pacific time to be early in line on hold. This should reduce time on hold.

Just explain the problem to the representative and they will give you an RA number, Return Authorization number. This RA # will be on the package when the unit is sent in and when repair gets the box they look up the RA # in the computer and then address the problem.

The customer service representative may be able to give you an estimate of the time it should take to initiate the repair and return the unit.