PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Flat ?????The Mission....

AlbeeFishing
04-20-2010, 07:05 AM
:bbq1:I have a private derby comin up here is two weeks out there just seein if any ones havein any luck there?
I normally do allright last year sucked lots of rain but I still managed to get third in bass.
I want to try to sweep first for all (trout, bass, and cat.) I hope this year will be better.

Lunkerslaughter
04-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I've been having good days at scotts flatt. I've been trolling and flashers with a worm seem to be doin the trick. Nothin big though just planters. I need to try something new for the morning and evening because I never seem to get a bite at these times.

auburnfisher
04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Yep, I agree with the last guy. Mornings have been slow. Few weeks ago we got nothing until about 9 or 10 a.m., then easy limits. Makes you wonder why you wake up so early sometimes... Flashers didn't work so I kept switching up until I found the right combo. 3/8 oz keel sinker + 2-3' of line, then a small seps watermelon dodger (sidekick kind) + 18" - 24" of line, then a 1/2 crawler or a full mini-crawler as long as it's not too big. I slow troll (maybe 1 or 1.5 mph???) so the 3/8 oz takes it down 20' or so I'm guessing. This rig did better than no weight at all. There is a nice home right on the water between the dam and cascade launch. Right out from there about 200 yards seemed to be the best place. good luck!

AlbeeFishing
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks Ive used simular setups before with simular results seems the bite starts about 8am -11am then 7pm to 8:30ish.
Ive use a different setup with great results at other lakes (a shasta company sligblade with eather a 1/8oz jig head and ornage grub or a size 1-2 bait hook with orange grub) I think I will try that this year.

I found these spoons made by rocky mountain tackle company at sportsmans warehouse on sale like half price any one used any thing from this company before they look good there called Serpent spoons Viper series I will try those also this year.
About 98% of fish caught in ower group are C&R.
I will post all the result after.
Thanks again.

saizo
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
the water might be just a little too cold for them to bite in the morning, couple more weeks of warm weather and they should chomp on the morning bite

Miner_Moe
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
We get plenty of planters early in the morning at Scotts! you just have to be fishing the top 10 feet of water pulling anything that is orange...I took out my 2 kids and my buddy Jaysen and we got 5 before 8am last week...just slow your troll to about 1mph to 1.5mph and pull a grub all by its self or a trolling fly with a side kick and you should get into them no problem