PDA

View Full Version : DV questions

SaxMan
04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
After reading all of the posts about dv, I'm thinking of trying it next thursday ... If it rains on tuesday and wednesday , does that impact the lake for thursday? also, do you recommend me hauling my boat or fishing from the bank (in that scenario)? It's been over a year since I used my boat at San Luis (forebay), do I have to worry about having the boat checked (never had it done) and what's involved if it is wet from rain? Thanks, Sax

Jetspray
04-22-2010, 08:53 AM
After reading all of the posts about dv, I'm thinking of trying it next thursday ... If it rains on tuesday and wednesday , does that impact the lake for thursday? also, do you recommend me hauling my boat or fishing from the bank (in that scenario)? It's been over a year since I used my boat at San Luis (forebay), do I have to worry about having the boat checked (never had it done) and what's involved if it is wet from rain? Thanks, Sax

Carry a couple of old sponges and a bucket to sop up any water before the inspection. Del Valle has a boat launch so you don't need to worry about that. Beaching a boat there is easy, lots of places to do that there......Jetspray

Old_School
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
The only concern about the rain is whether any will get into your boat. You will get inspected and if they find any water they will not let you launch. In the past people have failed the inspection due to water in any part of the boat, wet dock/anchor lines, and water in lower motor unit (they will make you lower your lower unit in front of them if it is up). If you know all the water is out then no problem. There is a parking lot between the gate and inspection area. Sometimes I see people pull in there to take a final look-see and get out any remaining water/moisture. I have a small aluminum and have never failed. When you come back in to leave stop back by the inspection area and they will attach a band between your boat and trailer to prevent future inspections if the band is still intact.

Good luck out there
Old School

SaxMan
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
thanks jetspray and old school ... if for some reason i don't pass, is the parking area safe to leave my boat while i bank fish?