PDA

View Full Version : HDS Sonar Settings

DWheelersr
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
I have a Lowrance hds 7. I usually fish the delta and i have my settings that seem to work pretty good. My question for the lake fishermen. Should I use more sensativity or less when in lakes like New Melones for example? HELP

ReelJerks
04-23-2010, 05:24 AM
I have a Lowrance hds 7. I usually fish the delta and i have my settings that seem to work pretty good. My question for the lake fishermen. Should I use more sensativity or less when in lakes like New Melones for example? HELP

If you are in AUTO mode the unit should do it for you. If in MANUAL mode I would adjust to higher. I think I'm set at about 83%. It is going to somewhat depend on the Pallet you use and what you are looking for in the water, and how deep you're looking.

Ken Sauret
04-25-2010, 04:21 PM
If you have your HDS unit's sensitivity on "auto" then it is set at 100%. If you hit menu and uncheck the auto sensitivity then you can adjust the sensitivity somewhere below 100%. I normally run my units in the low 80's in weedy, algea filled water, dirty or stained water. Then in deep clear lakes I will run the sensitivity in the low to mid 90's.

Experiment with sensitivity in manual mode and adjust it in different water conditions. Then you can eliminate just enough of the "noise" or interference that clutters up the screen and see the targets that you are looking for.