PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Pine Res.

oldguy64yo
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Any reports on Sugar pine? Saw 4 boats there Sunday. I would like to try it this Sat.
See you on the water
oldguy

Get Bent MARK
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
No report but if it's been planted it should be good. Frog colored triple teasers or small 2 inch dark colored grubs, brown, black, motor oil, frog green, etc... behind a Sep's watermelon sidekick has always produced for me. Good luck, Mark

oldguy64yo
04-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the tip Mark. I'm heading up there on Sunday. got chores tomorrow.
see you on the water
oldguy

oldguy64yo
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Great day on the water, yesterday @ Sugar pine. droped in around 9:30 (late start) had first RB in box @ 9:35. had hits almost all day using seps silver flashers and green wedding ring with nitecrawler, 1/4 oz banana sinker, 4lb mono, slow troll with lines out 50/60 yds. fishing between 30 to 40 ft. down. caught total of 16 RB's keeped 7 nice 14" to 16" 'ers. temp gage broke but water felt cold. 5 other boats on the water, all having good luck too.
got to try Stumpy next week.
see you on the water
oldguy

FISHIN_BUDDY
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the report, its nice to see Sugar Pine producing again...

auburnfisher
04-27-2010, 07:18 AM
yes thanks for the report!!! wish i went there instead of stumpy (big skunk there). will try sugar pines next. so glad it's getting planted. did you head toward the dam or to the right once you launched if you don't mind telling. i've only been there once, trolled everywhere with everything for nada. that was a year or two ago when it had not been planted for a while. thanks!

oldguy64yo
04-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey auburnfisher. I went straight out from the launch where I caught the first one then headed toward the dam, picked up 2 after coming back from the dam on the launch side. made that circle maybe 4 more times getting good bumps and/or a BR each time from there I troled up towards the inlet and picked up a few more ( a lot of smaller ones that I released) all in all the lake was producing pretty well. I did notice that all our hits were on a green wedding ring with 1/2 a nite crawler (AND) a shot of sand srimp scent behind a seps silver flasher. PM me and tell me about Stumpy, I want to try it Friday.
see you on the water
oldguy

Canoefish
04-28-2010, 07:56 AM
It's on the DFG list weekly now. I wanted to go next weekend (4 day weekend!) and my better half has a commitment on Saturday morning. How lame is that?!?

wkguns
04-28-2010, 07:57 AM
we were at suger pine sunday. love this little lake. fish were very where. water temp was 49 fished the top 20 ft. sling blades and red humdingers.