PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Del Valle 25lbs+ stringer

JefffromLivermore
04-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Started at my honey hole at 7:15 , the swim beaches and since the park reconfigured the swim area you can't really fish there. Oh well, it's getting a little warm in the south end anyway. I waded out and got a bass on a gold panther martin spinner. Not even a bump on the power bait combo.

Adam showed up and we decided to get a boat at about 10. Thanks Mike!!

Me and another DV regular Adam picked up a fat stringer of catfish and trout. Adam showed me his honey hole for cats and man it good action. We got five but I farmed a bunch of the bites. I also got a trout on a clam with a huge hook, very surprising.
Headed out to Heron Bay and he showed me anther trout spot I didn't know about for 2 more.
Then the rains came and I was thirsty so I just opened my mouth and it was raining so hard it quenched my thirst.
Got back to the launch and noted the trout truck dropping a load. We started to get close and then the lake cops zoomed up on us and we kept going to the dock.
The stringer was really heavy and I had to make a special trip back just for the fish.
Spent about an hour learning to filet and cleaned up the fish, the filets were at least 5-7lbs.
Took them home and fried up some cat, it was excellent.

FoldCat81
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
WOW!!! :cheers1: That's all I can say about your day at DV... Great job Jeff and crew. I wish I knew of a honey hole at DV, I usually do not do well out there.

FishOn

Blaseone
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Great day. Ive been looking for a couple of good spots for cats at Dv. hopefully i can get some next weekend when i go out there.

GNappers
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice day. I can't wait to catch some cats, gonna give folsom and Nicassio a try when it get's warmer. I love the taste of catfish, especially beer battered.

JefffromLivermore
04-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Find trees in the water in the narrows and fish right next to them with braid to rip them out of the trees.
We used clams but chicken livers are even better.
They did taste awesome too.