PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy

oldguy64yo
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Well I was planning on hitting stumpy tomorrow but just talked with my son (who is staying in G-town) he said that it was off and on again rain, hail, and snow. Being a fair weather fisherman that I am, I think Sunday might be a good day on the water So if anyone is, has or is going to fish Stumpy this week, give a report, if you will, please.
Thanks
see you on the water
oldguy

TRoutaholic
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Went to Stumpy last Saturday and had a great day, but got skunked from the bank. Started past the boat dock, then just past the campground, and finally hiked into the back by the creek. Saw lots of risers in the early am, and evening, but all out in the middle. Saw 3 Bald Eagles though! What an amazing site!
Stumpy is on the plant list for next week.

oldguy64yo
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Seems like the word "SKUNKED" is popular for stumpy. had one hit first thing and nothing, nada, after that,. troled all day. only one other boat did any good, he had 2 in the box, but said that he got those early in the AM. talked to other boaters and the story was the same "fishing sucked" I thought that DFG had stocked the lake last week. where are they? did the eagle and osprey get them all? they just weren't there today. oh well I guess that's why it's called "fishing" instead of "catching". Guess I'll try Rollins this week. are you ready ROY?
see you on the water
oldguy