PDA

View Full Version : Bird's Landing/Collinsville Montezuma access??

*Deltadog*
05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Is there any access to Montezuma around the salinity gates if you head into it from Bird's Landing as if on your way to Collinsville? Or is it all gated and inaccessible?

fish_feeder32
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
There is a public fishing access with a pier by the salinity gates off of collinsville rd. If you are going to collinsville from birds landing turn left on collinsville rd towards collinsville and there is a road about 2 or three miles down on the right side. This road I think is the last road before you get to collinsville its about 1 mile long and at the end of it is the park and fishing access with pier. I think it is free I never had to pay when I went. It is the closest spot I can find access to the gates it is about a couple hundred yards from them and I think you can walk the levee from the park right up to them and fish that whole area. If you go to google earth and search montezuma slough CA you can see it and see how to get there. Good luck.

vjstroud
05-01-2010, 03:46 PM
There is a public fishing access with a pier by the salinity gates off of collinsville rd. If you are going to collinsville from birds landing turn left on collinsville rd towards collinsville and there is a road about 2 or three miles down on the right side. This road I think is the last road before you get to collinsville its about 1 mile long and at the end of it is the park and fishing access with pier. I think it is free I never had to pay when I went. It is the closest spot I can find access to the gates it is about a couple hundred yards from them and I think you can walk the levee from the park right up to them and fish that whole area. If you go to google earth and search montezuma slough CA you can see it and see how to get there. Good luck.

Birds landing is by Grizzle Island right?
My friend said he caught a sturgeon on the bank by the red barn or such. Is it some what possible?
Do you know if the sturgeon are feeding back there? Thanks

fish_feeder32
05-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I have only caught striper there but I do know of any reason why there would not be sturgeon in that part of the slough.

nayr
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
i have always wanted to get on that pier.. I usually fish across the slough from it where the road ends