PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 01MAY10

LuckyIrishFan
05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
It was slow but a good and fun day of fishing at Chabot. Sorry for the day late post. I got to the lake around 0515hrs, and YOUNGLING was already there with both of his poles in the water. Got my 1st pole in the water right away, and as soon as I casted my 2nd pole and began to take in some slack from my line I feel a nice double tap...then tap tap...then BAM!!! FISH ON!!! :angling: I reel in a decent 12.5incher. NorthBayTroutser then arrives an hour later, and along with several other anglers. Indian Cove was packed by 0600hrs. I had a great time fishing with NBT and YL:D. YL had the most action out of all of the anglers at the shore today(Read YL's post). Just after 0800hrs, I get a nice bobber rise and then fall and rise action. I set the hook and right away the fish is putting up a nice fight. It takes me all the way to the right towards the cove and tullies. I had to thread my pole underneath six poles just so I don't tangle any of the other angler's lines and to not lose my fish. After a few minutes, with the help of YL's netting skills I was able to land the nice 2lber:D. The next couple of hours was slow, and so I had to pack up by 1000hrs. It was a beautiful and great day of fishing for me...I got to land some fish and I especially got to fish with good friends. Matt(YL) and Mike(NBT) it was an honor and a pleasure to fish with you guys again, I hope that we could do it again soon, take care you guys. Oh and both fish had pink meat, I can't wait to eat it:D. Good Luck to all of you fishing tomorrow, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

GNappers
05-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Jeff, how about them Irish? Clausen is going to Carolina so look for them in a few years in the Super Bowl. Niners of course are going to win next year. Good day and nice report. Take some pictures next time because I have seen you fish and I don't believe you caught anything. I am just jealous since you seem to catch nicer trout every trip. I used some old line that was my grandpa's and sometimes when I set the hook I would brake off fish. I have also lost fish from line I have bought a few months earlier. With all the fishing Matt put's in maybe he needs new line. Good job getting his leader back.

fishingguysf
05-02-2010, 09:06 AM
LIF, sounds like the morning bite is on at Lake Chabot. We in the past would hit it later in the Afternoon and had success. I only fished there once this year and we got the BIG SKUNK!!! I guess I need to give it another try soon. Thanks for the report!!

Fishon!!!!

NorthBay Troutster
05-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry for the late post, Jeff and matt it was nice fishing with you guys as well. Man it got packed fast though. Gotta speed up that commute time haha! Well It was a awesome day none the less, I got to fish with a couple good guys and bye the end of the day I was helping a little boy with his first fights! I got my first bite at 640 and landed a little 11 incher clean release. Missed a nice bite around 9 so that put me 1 for 2. Everyone cleared out of indian by 11 and it was left to me and a man and his son. I was watching his son walk back and forth all morning asking do I got a fish yet? He was probably 5 years old and very cute just reminded me of when I was young with my dad. I told myself if my pole goes off im gonna let him reel it in. Well it was there first time to the lake so I spent the next little while giving them some tips and showing them a couple rigs. It was about 20 minuets after he casts back out his pole makes a huge dip and I knew it was something nice. The dad hands off the pole to take some pictures but I dont think he understood this fish was bout to take the pole right out the boys hands. I jumped in and held the pole and told the boy to keep reeling. He would stop for a second cause he was tiered and the fish would jump and there would be a tun of slack but luckily after about 5 minuets he lands a beautiful 4 pounder. 45 min later I was about to leave and my bobber started dancing. I set the hook and let the boy reel in his second fish a nice 14in. and let him keep it for their dinner. Ended the day at 1pm I had a blast!

Jeff, Matt ... Ill be seeing you guys soon good luck on your next outing! Fish On

GNappers
05-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Nice job Troutster. Always a good idea to hook up fellow fisherman, because next time luck with come your way.

LuckyIrishFan
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
NBT, that was very cool of you to do that for the kid. That will be a day that kid will never forget for sure:). We got another one hooked on FISHING:). Mike, did they land the fish in the same spot they were at or did they move their poles? I also agree with Kevin(GN), the Fish Gods will bless you with good luck. FISH ON:grin:!!!

NorthBay Troutster
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
NBT, that was very cool of you to do that for the kid. That will be a day that kid will never forget for sure:). We got another one hooked on FISHING:). Mike, did they land the fish in the same spot they were at or did they move their poles? I also agree with Kevin(GN), the Fish Gods will bless you with good luck. FISH ON:grin:!!!

It was actually right where matt was. And oh yeah I bet he'll be asking his dad to go catch big ones all the time. Time for some whopper hats :costumed-smiley-029! haha!