PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 5-1

Trout Tracker
05-02-2010, 04:58 AM
My 8 year old nephew has been wanting me to take him fishing again so i decided to hit Pardee in hopes of him catching some fish.We got to the lake and were on the water by 7:00 so i set him up on top with a pearl needle fish/silver tape dodger combo.10 minutes into trolling out of the rec cove Cody's pole goes off and is tugging hard.When we get the fish to the boat it's a Koke about 8-9'' long hooked thru the eye.In the
ice chest it goes.
Headed up river and around the last out house on the right my pole hooks up and it's another small Koke.
No trout yet but were trying.
Stopped at the outhouse so Cody could do his bussiness and being a typical 8 year old boy Cody is walking around the platform.I tell him to be carefull ,watch what he is doing and slow down.Just as i'm done telling him all that he catches a cleat with his foot and goes into the water.If you could have seen his face you would have laughed your arse off.I couldn't stop laughing.
He had his life vest on,other than being a bit cold he was ok.Thru out the day we ended up catching all Kokes and ended up with 3 that would not have survived.
I don't understand it but not a trout 1 did we catch.Got several short strikes that wouldn't stick on homemade sling blades/crawlers.The weather was great,water 61-63 and had a great time just being on the water.
If anyone else fished Pardee i hope they did better.
TT

Minnow209
05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Nice report. I havent gone to pardee for the longest...:hissyfit:

How is the water over there? High now?

LuckyIrishFan
05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
TT, great report:). Hope your nephew still had a good time after being soaked in some cold water:laugh:. Thanks for sharing. FISH ON:grin:!!!

Trout Tracker
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Thee water is way up almost full.
Cody had a great time even after falling in.
I think laughing as hard as i did hurt his ego a bit.
TT

Minnow209
05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank You. ;)

GNappers
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
If the water level is high I wonder if the shore guys are finding fish in the coves and whether or not there are some big one's. Nice report, be careful though, next time you make a stop he might just leave you.

PinoyFisher209
05-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Thee water is way up almost full.
Cody had a great time even after falling in.
I think laughing as hard as i did hurt his ego a bit.
TT
I actually think i saw that! I was fishing a point when i saw a kid take a dive! Was it where the dock is with the 2 porter potties?

Trout Tracker
05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
If your going from the the boat ramp to the main lake thier is a 1 brown room on the right.
That was the one he went in from.
I could not stop laughing.
TT

1crazyfisherman
05-05-2010, 08:30 AM
A dip in the drink builds character!