PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle Day Fishing Permit Question

chickenpotpie
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Howdy Folks -

I've always wanted to fish the east shoreline of Heron Bay but didn't walk to walk the galaxy to get there from the parking lot or rent a boat (how am I supposed to save for my boat if I keep renting one, hehe :duh:).

Question. If you get a day fishing permit at the Park Entry Kiosk....can you leave the park premises, go around town, and park at the Arroyo Road parking lot near the dam to fish (outside the restricted area)?

**OR** does the permit become invalid once you leave park premises?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks much!

LDV Newbie,
chickenpotpie

trebleface
05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
It is valid all day at any EB lake

LuckyIrishFan
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
:iagree: with Trebleface:). FISH ON:grin:!!!

Troutbanker
05-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah I've bought my permits back there behind the dam and hiked up the hill to Heron Bay which was very challenging (especially with a cooler). The last time I tried to walk up the road to the dam and go through the fence a very not so friendly lady who lives up that road chewed me out siting trespassing laws. She then waited for me to go back down the road otherwise I'm sure she would have called the cops.

BDH
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
The fence is there for a reason. To keep people out. Just because some idiot cut a hole in the fence isn't going to mean it is OK to go through it. The only legal way to access Heron bay is to make the walk from the parking lot near the concessionaire.

Brutus20
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
The fence is there for a reason. To keep people out. Just because some idiot cut a hole in the fence isn't going to mean it is OK to go through it. The only legal way to access Heron bay is to make the walk from the parking lot near the concessionaire.

Not true. You can park on Arroyo rd. in the designated parking and take the East Shore Trail in to Heron Bay. The horse people use it. It is one hell of a hike! Walking down Arroyo straight to the dam is a no no.
But us bankers are always looking for an easier way in right?WRONG,NOT IF IT'S ILLIGAL.MODERATOR
................................Brutus.........

BDH
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Ignore her and enjoy your day. I've had the cops threatened on me a few times and they never came nor do they have jurisdiction. They would need to call East Bay parks cops unless you are caught in the act which is highly unlikely.
I pay my fee and I'm in the park and it doesn't matter to me if a bad rule is ignored.

Not true. Cops are Peace Officers in the state of California and if they choose can take action and cite for for the appropriate offense. If you take the horse trail that Brutus mentioned there is no problem. Take the road and go through the hole in the fence you are taking your chances at getting a very expensive ticket. That fence is there for a reason. To keep people out.

BDH
05-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the input but feel free to munch my butt BDH.

How old are you Jeff? Seven?

You had better save your pennies.....

3) Penalties, Punishment, and Sentencing for
Criminal Trespassing

California trespassing laws are unique in that they can be filed as infractions, misdemeanors, or felonies. Although all three are possible, criminal trespass is most frequently prosecuted as a misdemeanor.
Misdemeanor Penal Code 602 violations subject you to up to six months in a county jail and a maximum $1,000 fine

CRABBY
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
ChickenPotPie,my apologies for the poor information you have recieved on this thread promoting tresspassing,those posters were wrong an I will deal with him,please follow BHD's an Brutus's advice,follow the rules an respect peoples private property rights,we as sportsmen have lost so much access to fishing an hunting because of people like this,an we wonder why we keep losing more.Don

drifli
05-05-2010, 07:17 PM
ChickenPotPie,my apologies for the poor information you have recieved on this thread promoting tresspassing,those posters were wrong an I will deal with him,please follow BHD's an Brutus's advice,follow the rules an respect peoples private property rights,we as sportsmen have lost so much access to fishing an hunting because of people like this,an we wonder why we keep losing more.Don
Im glad you cleard this up ,I was starting to wonder what kind of fisherman where on this board.

Jetspray
05-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Not true. You can park on Arroyo rd. in the designated parking and take the East Shore Trail in to Heron Bay. The horse people use it. It is one hell of a hike! Walking down Arroyo straight to the dam is a no no.
But us bankers are always looking for an easier way in right?WRONG,NOT IF IT'S ILLIGAL.MODERATOR
................................Brutus.........

Why would you want to fish without a permit, it only helps keep the place open and pay for the planting of fish. If it costs alot to park, then get a permit at the kiosk and let them know your intentions.......Jetspray

JefffromLivermore
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Why would you want to fish without a permit, it only helps keep the place open and pay for the planting of fish. If it costs alot to park, then get a permit at the kiosk and let them know your intentions.......Jetspray

Nobody ever said anything about not paying to park, where did you get that from? One of my deleted posts specifically mention the electronic kiosk to pay to park and fish.
At no time when you walk up the hill do you ever enter private property, the park boundary is 25 yards up the hill and the residents get an easement to enter their land, not the other way around.
I pay in advance for a East Bay Parks fishing and park pass every year.

Brutus20
05-06-2010, 10:55 AM

I think Jeff answered this (thanks for having my back Jeff) but just in case I want to make it perfectly clear. My wife and i fish Del Valle quite often we have NEVER fished without or thought about fishing without a permit. It costs us $18.00 with our dog to fish from the bank and i am more than happy to pay this. We are very grateful to have a fishery such as DV to go to. I spoke of the hike in because I know from experience having payed at the park entrance for our permits and drove all the way back out to the dam (and payed to park) when the fellow at the toll both said it was cool to do so. I perhaps did'nt follow the line of thinking but I dont think anyone was suggesting sneaking in with out paying .

...............Brutus.........