PDA

View Full Version : My First Trout

tqnguyen
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I am a beginner fishermen and really enjoy being outdoors. I really love this site and all of the tips and updates that other seasoned fisherman post daily. I have been reading posts for the last two weeks and thought I should test the waters for some trout today. My first cast out at 6 pm and a few minutes later, the bobber twitches and i set the hook to the best of my ability, or how i thought it was done. Amazingly, i felt the fish fighting and it was Fish On! A few minutes later and even walking into the lake in my jeans and canvas shoes, I was able to get the fish to shore. It was so big compared to the only other fish that i have caught in my life, crappies. I was on an adrenaline rush for the next two hours. The rainbow trout was 23 inches and 5 lbs! almost as big as a baby! Now I can't wait to land another fish of this size! Thanks everyone! Thought i should share a wonderful fishing experience.

Fishbucket
05-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Way to go !

You will now be consumed by Fishing...resistance is futile....

JefffromLivermore
05-03-2010, 06:25 AM
For a vice, it's as good as it gets.
Congrats on the lunker trout.
Where did you catch it?

NorthBay Troutster
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Thats awesome welcome to the boards! Took me a while for my first whopper! Congrats keep it up!

shadbuster
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Great job, that's a big first trout! Welcome to the boards and a lifelong addiction:friends028hh:.

GNappers
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice way to start trout fishing. I have fished for years for trout and still haven't caught a lunker. What lake were you fishing at?

tqnguyen
05-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Lafayette Reservoir

shotgunslb
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Nice way to start trout fishing. I have fished for years for trout and still haven't caught a lunker. What lake were you fishing at?

I second that....been trolling for trout for years and have never caught anything bigger than 16 in.:embarassed: That will definitely get you hooked and coming back for more. Congrats!:cheers1:

LuckyIrishFan
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Congrats and welcome to the board:)!!! Just think, the fish only gets bigger and bigger, and some fight even harder. Something to look forward to. FISH ON:biggrin:!!!

tqnguyen
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
lol Thanks guys. My second attempt at trout fishing=0 fish! hahaha. I guess it was beginner's luck. I will keep trying.

fishingguysf
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Congrats on your Whopper!!!! That must of been a holdover, since I believe Lafayette Res. only gets planted by DFG. That is one Large Trout!!!!

Fishon!!!!

epzamora
05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
now you're spoiled! lol

eric
fresno, ca.