PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake Trout Fest Saturday June 19th

Fishbucket
05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
We'll be camped out there from June 15 to June 20th. :banana:
:fire0dw:

What Say we get a few of us together, So I can show you all how to catch big Trout. I normally charge for appearances. But, since this is the Fishsniffer, I'll kick out a freebee... sniffer spirit and all.

Nothing big has to happen. Just bragging rights is fine, if you all want. or a small pot luck. sky is the limit.

You can vote more then one.. it is public. so if you want to hide :baghead: you cant...:moon:

This can also be the BS thread.

Post up start and end times... democracy rules.. if that fails .. only my vote will count. :cheeky-smiley-006:

addicted
05-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I do not know you but I am an unemployed avid fisherman. I am up for the challenge for the 15th through the 18th. I have only fished collins twice and have a 9.25 lb rainbow as my biggest . Got lucky power bait fishing for my friends kids with a #16 treble. I am always open to learn new methods and strategies for big fish. I hope that the catfish bite comes on by then. I heard that a 28 lb channel cat was caught on the troll last year. Caught 7 last week. 2 on the troll (1 fire tiger cast master, 1 flashers with night crawler and red puff ball) 5 from the shore. Heard from some old timers on my way out that needle fish were the ticket . I love to fish and talk **** while I am doing it. See you on the water. Please update with the location where I can weigh my winning fish.

Delta_Rose
05-07-2010, 07:14 PM
We'll be camping up at Collins June 14-18, and I have a boated rented on the 15th, 16th and 17th. I've never been to Collins before- any pointers??

Fishbucket
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
The Standard trout stuff works. Some have some secrets. Typical Berryessa, Melones, Camanche stuff works. At least for me anyway.

King James
05-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I'll go...how about you Smogguy?

Sounds like a great time..

CRABBY
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
How could I refuse the KING,I'm in.Don

Fishbucket
05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Excellent ! it's shaping up nicely.

you all can console yourselves, when Team Fishbucket delivers your Beatdown..:nana:

On a serious note. You all want to have a potluck afterwards?
Maybe nothing that takes up a bunch of cooking time. I do and will have my lil weber and an open coleman grill for heating up.. Unless someone wants to sponsor a fullsize grill.

what I have.

http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:5DTkErUQY_vXzM:: http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:taMX9ws8QeHpiM::

Trout Tracker
05-11-2010, 05:06 AM
I haven't fished Collins in a few years.Sounds like fun and a chance to meet others from the board.I'm going to do my best to make it and probly will.
See you on the water.
TT

Don
05-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Collins is a fun place it is a mid size lake.It also has the same problems with lake lice to.

Make sure you have enough bait.If u run out count on paying about doubble at there store. Crawlers are $3. a doz.

Six of us have a little Durby every year there. The last two years we picked the wrong week RAIN AND MORE RAIN.This year we had hail and a tunder storm. Still had fun.

3 fish 2.4,2.7and 2.8. Shasta SlingBlad.Red and a 18"or so leader with a N.C. 2.MPH worked best.Tryed slower. My best was 10" deep on the D.R.
Have fun. Don in Wilton

Forgot to add Two by the Dam and the other at the far end

Fishbucket
05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the report Don ! Collins seems to be up and down on the catching this year.
Hopefully the water will stratify and concentrate the fish a little better in a month.

Fishbucket
05-15-2010, 07:25 AM
SMOGGUY... dump some of your PM's... you've exceded your quota.

CRABBY
05-15-2010, 03:13 PM
FB,done,pain in the b....wish it was like it was,gonna see what can be done.Don

okie
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM
smogguy just told me about this fest comin up, if anyone has an open seat and room for me i'd appreciate it.
fishbucket, i have a couple of stoves like yours that i will bring if i can make it down. will probably arrive early sat morn and leave sun pm sometime.
i'm in for the pot luck, we have one at the pyramid fest each fest, a lot of great food both tastes and varieties. if i make it i'll fix some meatballs.
lookn forward to being there and meeting all the fisherman i've only talked to on the sniffer.
bill

Fishbucket
05-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Okie,
I've heard about your meatballs !!..

Someone PLEASE get him a ride !
Hopefully someone can let you hitch a ride. meatballs or not.

okie
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
i'll be thereif nothing comes up, ride or not. i want to meet all of you that i have chatted with, and fb, i'll fix some meatballs for you
bill

Trout Tracker
05-18-2010, 05:00 AM
I guess as time gets closer things will get figured out.
If thier is going to be a pot luck i can bring something.
Are we going to meet up at a certain area before we launch?
Just a thought.....
For those of us that go maybe we all should put A few$ in a kitty for something like the biggest fish honors.
I know it's a month away but lets get it rolling.
TT

CRABBY
05-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Update Okie will be on my boat,showing me all the tricks he knows,:yahoo:...Don

Fishbucket
05-18-2010, 10:19 AM
For those of us that go maybe we all should put A few$ in a kitty for something like the biggest fish honors.

That cannot be discussed here in an OPEN forum. :undecided:

PM's are not open.....
:lotsocoffee2ek:

CrappieJed
05-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey CJ wants to come....i will try and twist Lineside's arm, long way to go by myself....Linside always ready to camp and fish.....heck i will even ask old LA to come....he brings lots of sudds:cheers:

I might even bring my smoker and do some trout in camp.....that goes good with sudds:yahoo:

Fishbucket
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Call the lake to get a campspot. It might just be overflow areas now. No power or water hookups there.

Hope you can make it CJ, and South Valley crew. :cheesy:

lineside
05-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Fishbucket.What can we expect to pay for launch fees and parking?

CRABBY
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Talked to Kathy today an only one hook up spot is left for the 19th plenty of tent an overflow sites open,the lake is full an should be full or close to it during our fest,which means if you camp in the over flow you have a good chance of being inch's from the water an your boat,no need to take it out,one word of caution much of the shore is rocky so bring a BIG hunk of carpet or whatever you use to keep the scratches off the hull or you can put your trailer in the water partway an park your boat on it overnight,I have done both ways no problem.I will be in sp.105,with power so you can charge batt.s or whatever,use microwave,put tent or truck,my boat will probably be moored at marina an trailer in parking lot so I'll have plenty of room,as Trout Tracker said it's a month away an a few may not make it,so as far as Potluck goes we can post up on potluck thread an we want to keep it simple for everybody so don't worry about it,chips,dip,salad,hotdogs,hamburger,buns,Chile,be ans,paper plates,cups,plastic spoons etc,an don't worry if ya can't bring anything,just bring yourself an family,this is about fishing type people getting together an having a good time,ALSO I talked to an old friend of mine you all know as MINER MOE from MINER MOES guild service up here in Grass Valley an unless something comes up he will be there the 19th to fish,share tips an our potluck with us,you have seen his posts an a new one is coming,Scott knows his stuff,an in speaking with Kathy from Collins the fishing has been very very good for those that know what to do,she says an I quote, "the guys with all the fancy stuff an gear are not doing well,those who practice the basics are getting limits" BUT in a month who knows I tell her,she just laughed an said okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.we'll see.Oh the basics are POWERBAIT.Also if you have friends who are not on the Sniffer board bring them,I have several that are coming,you never know we could get a bunch of recruits to sign on.That's it,tired of typing.Don

CRABBY
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Lineside don't know all the rates but go to www.collinslake.com an you can find info there,there is a 10% senior disc. Don

Trout Tracker
05-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Smog guy.
Sounds good to me.I know that i will be thier forsure.And i can't wait to thank miner moe in person for the tips about Stampede.
Sorry for not pming someone about the kitty thing.
Should have known better.I'm bad.
Anyway i will keep an eye on the Collins thing and if were going to have a potluck i can bring something.
TT

CrappieJed
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Talked to Kathy today an only one hook up spot is left for the 19th plenty of tent an overflow sites open,the lake is full an should be full or close to it during our fest,which means if you camp in the over flow you have a good chance of being inch's from the water an your boat,no need to take it out,one word of caution much of the shore is rocky so bring a BIG hunk of carpet or whatever you use to keep the scratches off the hull or you can put your trailer in the water partway an park your boat on it overnight,I have done both ways no problem.I will be in sp.105,with power so you can charge batt.s or whatever,use microwave,put tent or truck,my boat will probably be moored at marina an trailer in parking lot so I'll have plenty of room,as Trout Tracker said it's a month away an a few may not make it,so as far as Potluck goes we can post up on potluck thread an we want to keep it simple for everybody so don't worry about it,chips,dip,salad,hotdogs,hamburger,buns,Chile,be ans,paper plates,cups,plastic spoons etc,an don't worry if ya can't bring anything,just bring yourself an family,this is about fishing type people getting together an having a good time,ALSO I talked to an old friend of mine you all know as MINER MOE from MINER MOES guild service up here in Grass Valley an unless something comes up he will be there the 19th to fish,share tips an our potluck with us,you have seen his posts an a new one is coming,Scott knows his stuff,an in speaking with Kathy from Collins the fishing has been very very good for those that know what to do,she says an I quote, "the guys with all the fancy stuff an gear are not doing well,those who practice the basics are getting limits" BUT in a month who knows I tell her,she just laughed an said okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.we'll see.Oh the basics are POWERBAIT.Also if you have friends who are not on the Sniffer board bring them,I have several that are coming,you never know we could get a bunch of recruits to sign on.That's it,tired of typing.Don

boy glad you got tired....lol good stuff Don. isn't there a Rollins lake or rollings lake near there, kind of a big lake suppose to have real cold water coming into it.

Fishbucket
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Day Use
Per vehicle, includes 8 personsWeekdayWeekendVehicle Only$8$11Vehicle with Boat$16$19Active Military, Disabled or Senior (Age 60+) Discount$2 OffExtra Persons (vehicles with more than 8 people)$3 Per PersonMotorcycles & Bicycles$3 Per Person

Open Camping Area RV/Trailer (Unreserved)$20$20$120$359Open Camping Area Car/Tent (Unreserved)$20$20$120$359

Will try and post more in the morning... I need my beauty sleep now...

Fishbucket
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
boy glad you got tired....lol good stuff Don. isn't there a Rollins lake or rollings lake near there, kind of a big lake suppose to have real cold water coming into it.

Bullards Bar ..east just up the road.. Rollins is south near Colfax.

CrappieJed
05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Rollins thats it..thx FB. I'm going to bed too tired...gotta get up and take about 25 casts and head to work and check the sniffer:signs20ae:

CrappieJed
05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
which lake is closest to sacto collins or rollins

Fishbucket
05-20-2010, 06:19 AM
I believe Rollins is closer. You have to get to Marysville then go east to get to Collins.
I've never been to Rollins.

okie
05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
collins lake is about 10 or 15 miles farther from sacramento then rollins. i've fished rollins 2 or 3 times for crappie, never saw one but did catch some nice small mouth bass.

CrappieJed
05-20-2010, 06:53 AM
collins lake is about 10 or 15 miles farther from sacramento then rollins. i've fished rollins 2 or 3 times for crappie, never saw one but did catch some nice small mouth bass.
same here Okie....i fished rollins many years ago and never seen a crappie....i do remember somewhere on that lake ice cold water coming in...the water was warm and then turned 15 degrees cooler thats all i remember, i think im getting sometimers....

CRABBY
05-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Rollins is closer to I 80 an sac. as Bill says,it does have some nice fishing in the winter,summertime forget it,it's LICE city,an they are not nice people,most are very rude,kind of or worst than folsom.Collins fishing has been good,even though the few reports we see here say it's so so.there are crappie there for sure I've never fished for them not even sure when the bite for em should start?Leave that up to CJ he's the expert.Don

Miner_Moe
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Don't waste your time on Rollins in late spring and summer,like smogguy says nothing but asses on the water and the fishing is only so-so. Late winter and Early spring is the time to fish Rollins...I will be at Collins on the 19th of june I will bring the cold pizza and hot beer....

CrappieJed
05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Rollins is closer to I 80 an sac. as Bill says,it does have some nice fishing in the winter,summertime forget it,it's LICE city,an they are not nice people,most are very rude,kind of or worst than folsom.Collins fishing has been good,even though the few reports we see here say it's so so.there are crappie there for sure I've never fished for them not even sure when the bite for em should start?Leave that up to CJ he's the expert.Don
after looking at the pics of collins.....they have some nice trout. Lineside called me from Dallas this morning on his way to Georgia and we decided were going for sure. we should do what FishBucket suggested and get in the overflow camping so to set up for potluck....OMG's did someone say Okies meatballs:seestars:i ate so many of them in rio vista i was speaking in meatball.
Can we use live minnows? and is Seon going? or trout to small for him.....lol

CJ

Fishbucket
05-20-2010, 02:01 PM
My Boat has an open seat now !...

I'll be fishing with MinerMoe...:evil:

10 down and 50-60 more to go..:2vrolijk_08:

Miner_Moe
05-20-2010, 06:20 PM
No problem FB just call me on the radio(channel 69)or call me on my cell 530-277-1771 when you get to the lake and we will come by the dock and pick you up,,,if anyone else wants to come out you are more than welcome,,,you can check out what we do to catch fish on Collins and watch the G2 jigger in action,,,it is banging the kokanee on Stampede and got over half the fish on Bucks...You really need to check it out

CRABBY
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Scott,you better bring bout a dozen of those jiggers,everybody will want one,espically at the sale price,looks like GBG,will be fishing solo:rotfl2:..LOL Don

Fishbucket
05-20-2010, 06:45 PM
looks like GBG,will be solo:rotfl2:..LOL Don

She can run the boat just fine by herself...:rain3pr:

CRABBY
05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
She can run the boat just fine by herself...:rain3pr:

Lucky Guy:2vrolijk_08:

RickRyder
05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
This sounds like A LOT of fun...I want to do it, but I wonder if I will have any money left over...I am doing the Redwood Run with my Dad and my Uncle the weekend before and well, you can prob guess where all my money is goin...LOL...At least I'll be ridin' a Harley tho, I am trading bikes with my buddy before I go so I'll be ridin a 2006 Street Glide, my Dad on his 01 Dyna WG and my Uncle on his brand new Road King...So if I don't blow all my money at the Redwood Run, then I'll see if I can hook up with you guys...

CrappieJed
05-25-2010, 09:10 PM
This sounds like A LOT of fun...I want to do it, but I wonder if I will have any money left over...I am doing the Redwood Run with my Dad and my Uncle the weekend before and well, you can prob guess where all my money is goin...LOL...At least I'll be ridin' a Harley tho, I am trading bikes with my buddy before I go so I'll be ridin a 2006 Street Glide, my Dad on his 01 Dyna WG and my Uncle on his brand new Road King...So if I don't blow all my money at the Redwood Run, then I'll see if I can hook up with you guys...
come on ryder you can throw out a bag at our camp....i warn you though Lineside gets up in the middle of the night a half dozen times and he will have wild animals all around him like that movie Marry poppins....weird but he does

CRABBY
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Lineside,rumor has it y'all got a Guitar an know some good Ole Merle Haggard,Hank Williams kinda stuff,would be nice if you could bring it along an play a few for us.And anybody else that plays bring your instrument of choice.Rick if your just tentin it we can keep your costs down real cheap,theres free parking outside the gate an we'll have plenty of room for ya even if your not a BFMC member:lolk:...........Don

lineside
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Smogguy I always keep a guitar in the boat,It makes a good paddle.And my singing keeps the flys off the food.:horn:.

CRABBY
05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Lineside,we won't have a need for any paddles on this trip,its a Sniffer Fest,now as for keeping the flys away not to worry they make the fish hungry,looking forward to our concert.Don

CrappieJed
05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
concert...oh no i think this could look like the part in the movie sling blade when there in the house practicing...we ain't go no damn band Randy........lol talk about bunch of mudwhistles...this could be good ha ha:cheesy:

King James
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
WOW you Sniffers....this is really sounding better and better.......I just might have to camp out instead of just being there on the 19th.........and those Meatballs are sounding really good......Hey Smogguy...what are you bringing.....I hear you might have some smoked Coyote! Ha!!

CrappieJed
05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
MEATBALLS OMG's King James....why did you mention the meatballs I want Okies meatballs:hissyfit: they are so good...maybe Okie will make a double batch this fest

CrappieJed
05-26-2010, 05:22 PM
wait a minute while were talking food....maybe we can talk Lineside's wife or Mom into making some of those killer Beerocks those thing are amazing, especially we they sneak a little BBQ sauce in a few of them. Make your tongue slap top your head....please

CRABBY
05-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Smoked Coyote,wish I would of thought of it,would of made good catfish bait,nothing but bones left now,James you got to get there thur or fri camp out with us,Friday night will be a blast an you will catch more fish,CJ what about LA?he coming or did you work him to death?I'm gonna talk wife into making potato salad with all the good stuff in it,none of that deli junk,Things are shapin up.Don

CrappieJed
05-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Smoked Coyote,wish I would of thought of it,would of made good catfish bait,nothing but bones left now,James you got to get there thur or fri camp out with us,Friday night will be a blast an you will catch more fish,CJ what about LA?he coming or did you work him to death?I'm gonna talk wife into making potato salad with all the good stuff in it,none of that deli junk,Things are shapin up.Don
will she put egg in that potato salad and onions and pickles and.....maybe just a hint of mustard you know maybe table spoon? thats German potato salad yuuuuuuuumy. of course how ever MRS SMOGGUY cooks it going to be vuuundeva.

ya LA is coming he lives in Davis so not too bad of a drive...

CRABBY
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
will she put egg in that potato salad and onions and pickles and.....maybe just a hint of mustard you know maybe table spoon? thats German potato salad yuuuuuuuumy. of course how ever MRS SMOGGUY cooks it going to be vuuundeva.

ya LA is coming he lives in Davis so not too bad of a drive...

Yeah her tater salad has all that and more(no coyote tho,sorry James).........Anybody talked to addicted or Delta_Rose to make sure there still coming,pretty sure Delta is he had planned to be there already.

lineside
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey CJ, How do you tune a mudwhistle. Coffee makes me a mite nervous.:www_MyEmoticons_com.

Fishbucket
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
This Fest is Sounding Great !... the guy who thought of it must be a genius... and deserves extra meatballs...

:horn: <-- thats my own horn... :oregonian_winesmile

Where's the rest of the People?? I thought there were 30,000 + members here...

CRABBY
05-26-2010, 07:29 PM
This Fest is Sounding Great !... the guy who thought of it must be a genius... and deserves extra meatballs...

Mabey they haven't seen the sticky,funney thing is theres SO many Sniffers that live up here in the Grass valley, Yuba city/Marysville an Auburn area you'ed think they would want to be part of the First Offical Collins Sniffer Fest,plus they will get a free autograph from Fishbucket,an great food.:party-smiley-020:......Don

Fishbucket
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
plus they will get a free autograph from Fishbucket.

I KNOW !!.. that right there is enough to show up..:friends028hh:

CrappieJed
05-26-2010, 09:40 PM

I would appreciate if you just get your mind out of those meatballs you can have hot dogs and chips:smiley:

lineside
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Maybe you should rename this the great meatball fest. I think Okie might want a cut.

CrappieJed
05-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe you should rename this the great meatball fest. I think Okie might want a cut.
I think it would be more fitting to call it the FISHBUCKET meatball/Beerock fest:shocked: do you like my subtle hints?

CRABBY
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Just talked to Okie an he's gonna be up early sat.morn with a BIG pot of meatballs for you meatball lovers,me,I want some smoked crappie from CJ......Don

CrappieJed
05-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Just talked to Okie an he's gonna be up early sat.morn with a BIG pot of meatballs for you meatball lovers,me,I want some smoked crappie from CJ......Don
big pot meatballs right on, his he bringing any for you guys:laugh: smoked crappie:signs165xk: we will smoke some trout first dozen fillets that come into camp Friday will go in the brine and i will smoke sat.

CrappieJed
05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
you know really i never have smoked crappie maybe its good but i tried bass and gunner wouldn't even eat it and he's a dog....maybe BIGGANT might have a trick for smoked crappie i surely don't. But my smoked trout will be the best you ever had, i guarantee it.

CRABBY
05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
OK trout is good,Fishbucket will have a bunch for you,will be at collins sat.to ck.out MH,charge batts etc.will see how people are doing,should be a ZOO there for the 3 day holiday.FB what space you in?Talked to BIGGANT maybe just maybe he may come.Don

CrappieJed
05-27-2010, 08:26 PM
thats good...ya hop BA comes i like to brain storm some crappie....try and check out the minnow stock too if you can

hotdog
05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't know if I can handle that long 10 minute drive from Loma Rica. Actually it sounds like a blast but I'm in the middle of a remodel that's really cramping my free/fishing time.

CrappieJed
05-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Loma Rica is close to collins

RickRyder
05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't know if I will be able to, but God willing, I'll see if I can make it...

Fishbucket
05-28-2010, 05:36 AM
FB what space you in?

We'll be in 51a, just up the hill from the marina.

in this Truck and Camper.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/campingfirsttimeincamper026.jpg

And just to intice some more peeps.... here's one of last yrs fish.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/Collins%20Lake/CollinsLakeRainbow6-09.jpg

CRABBY
05-28-2010, 06:59 AM
We'll be in 51a, just up the hill from the marina.

in this Truck and Camper.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/campingfirsttimeincamper026.jpg

And just to intice some more peeps.... here's one of last yrs fish.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/Collins%20Lake/CollinsLakeRainbow6-09.jpg
Nice setup an fish,glad to see your still young enough to get up into that cabover Junior,not me anymore:embarassed:

Fishbucket
05-28-2010, 07:51 AM
The getting up in there isnt so bad. I just take a running leap... it's the getting down without cracking my melon, thats the hard part.

King James
05-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Smoked Crappie??????? I've tried smoked B. Bass and I wouldn't recomend it at all!

Now the smoked trout...yep,yep,yep!!! I hope to be able to add my trout in for the smoker...sound's great!!

Yep, a few Highballs, Meatballs and Smoked trout.......MMMMmmmMMMmmmMMMmm!!!!!

Oh yea...Smogguy, I haven't forgotabout the wife's potatoe salad either!

Fish On!

saounyang
05-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Here's one of my best from that lake

CRABBY
05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Here's one of my best from that lake

Sweet catch,now you need to join the rest of us Sniffers at Collins on the 19th (or 15th tru 19th) an show us how to do it,myPB there is 6.3#s So saounyang are you ready to show us how?It's a family affair so bring the wife an kids.Don

Captain Morgan
05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey Don, thanks for the PM. I'll put this date in my calendar & try to make it for one of those days, Friday or Saturday. The main reason that I really want to go is to get some tips & an autograph from FB.:worthy: I've never been that close to a real pro before.:excited::smiley:

GNappers
05-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Heading back to El Dorado Sat/Sun and may give the lake a little pre-fest fishing. Never been but when I bought the Sniffer the other day I believe it said that fish were being caught on yellow power bait. I figure if I catch a big one I will take it back home and freeze it. Then I will bring it up Friday and let it thaw. Should be ready for the weigh-in on Saturday of the fest. Hey Joe, did you just jump ship and does that mean I will not be fishing your boat, if so I will have to bring my raft and just tie off to your boat so you can tow me around the lake. I have some frozen salmon raw/smoked and was thinking of bringing it but I never like frozen fish as much as the fresh. Not even close. Hopefully, if I make it up this weekend I will have a picture of a nice trout and not a stuffed trout. FB you should buy all the beer since the fest was your idea. Next year Smogguy, then CJ, then Lineside, the Miner Moe and so on and so forth.

Fishbucket
05-29-2010, 02:22 PM
an autograph from FB.:worthy: I've never been that close to a real pro before.

It will be worth something in about 200 yrs...:thumbup:

:grin:

did you just jump ship and does that mean I will not be fishing your boat,

No, you and i will be in the boat ... one of us just need to get MinerMoe distracted while the other lifts the Jigger dwnrigger ball off his boat when he's not looking...

FB you should buy all the beer since the fest was your idea.

thats the silliest Idea I've heard yet.... :hitfish:
well,... that and leaving your fishing gear in Eldorado for the next 3 weeks.

GNappers
05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Going back tommorrow to put the yardwaste out and hopefully try Collins. I think I can hit up Salmon Falls Road and the 20, otherwise I have to go all the way back to Sac to hit 80.

CRABBY
06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
OK I'm old sort of an see an forget things now an then BUT I know GBG had a post here with a pic an sign,who poofed it?Anyway went to Collins sat morn. an the place was so packed people were allowed to camp next to the main road an the upper end of lake before you even get to the store.the lake is at max capacity an will be on the 19th for our Sniffer Fest,never before saw this lake so high,half the overflow campground is under water,the only way to get to the dam is to swim,boat,or a very,very long an not so approved walk,(private property)you can launch a boat in the overflow camp area right at your campsite.Talked to 2 bank fishermen an they had 2 fish between them,saw very few boats fishing,2/3 at the most,but the parking lot was full so I don't know where they were,(I was there early just to ck.MH out etc. an left)Place is unbelievably sweet with the water so high

Fishbucket
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, you are old....
:D

and I poofed it... didnt want you smelly fishermen ooglling my wife...:boxing:

Kidding, the post you're looking for is the one of MontgomeryGentry I did...

CRABBY
06-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Yep there it is,must be gettin old CRS anymore:rotfl2: OK now I'm gonna go ooglling:rotfl2:Thanks Don

GNappers
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Fished Memorial Day and got to the lake about 9. Never fished there before so I drove past the area you could fish on the camping side and parked as close to the Dam as I could and began walking. After 40 minutes of trying to find that big open meadow area, with walking off the trail surrounded by poison oak and hearing a big dog bark I backtracked to a smaller open area. 1st line out with yellow power bait and while I was watering some trees fish on. A little less then a pound and came in like nothing. An hour later #2 with 2 white power eggs dipped in berkeley trout scent. Got 3 and four in the next 2 hours on the same set up and although the last 3 were a little over a pound they fought hard and 1 even pulled some drag. Nice orange meat on 2 of them.

Had 3 bites where the tip of my pole would wobble a little and the bobber would barely move then nothing. Could have been small fish nibbling, a fish swimming by or a whopper which was just mouthing the bait. If this happens next time I am going to reel in the slack and swing for the fences. Some guys next to me picked up 1 the whole time I was there. Across the lake in the fishing areas I heard a few screams of joy throughout the day which I am guessing were big fish being caught. Luckily I didn't get any poison oak and with catching 4 fish at least I didn't get skunked. Saw a boat or 2 pick up a single fish by the dam and I didn't seen any caught by the 15 or so shore fisherman on the dam. Tough to find a spot to fish on the bike trail side, maybe for the fest I will bring my raft and try the large open area if that is legal.

Fishbucket
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I should have told you that anywhere from the store to the dam is a good spot. with the swim beach being second best . If it's early and the kids arnt out yet. The best I think is right off the marina docks. bobbing a worm down 10-15 feet usually does the trick for the kids... I've seen some 7 lbrs come off of there.

You better get in bed now so you can wake up tomorrow at super dark thirty.... I dont want to be standing around eating my breakfast burrito waiting for you a half hour late again...:oldangryman:

CrappieJed
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Collins lake have any crawdad's...was thinking of bringing the traps and couple of sticks of Hoppy's favorite butter....for those who don't remember hoppy that was Hoppalong Cassidy

Fishbucket
06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I believe it doo.

I've got a homemade trap I wanna try this year. hopefull we'll get a few for the more good eats at the Fest. :bananachaga:

CRABBY
06-08-2010, 05:09 PM
They sell them for bait I think for the Big Bass there,not sure about catching them in the lake,Hotdog may know,will call Kathy up in morn. an get an ans.if needed.Don

CrappieJed
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
They sell them for bait I think for the Big Bass there,not sure about catching them in the lake,Hotdog may know,will call Kathy up in morn. an get an ans.if needed.Don
please do...its not purdy what Linside does to crawdads all that butter running down is face and arms

CRABBY
06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
please do...its not purdy what Linside does to crawdads all that butter running down is face and arms
Least he cooks them,Okie just eats em raw,must be his military training.:duck:

CrappieJed
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Least he cooks them,Okie just eats em raw,must be his military training.:duck:
May not be a military thing...back in the day folks were lucky to find a fox squirrel to kill and make some water gravy to go with it just to have something to eat...heck my daddy told me one time when he was a kid back in Oklahoma they were so poor and hungry his sister got married so they could keep the rice...

lineside
06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Fishbucket. dose collins have crawdads in it.

CRABBY
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
CJ,Lineside,ck.ed with collins an the lake has crawdads in it,you can use your traps,will try an find out if there is a good area to trap them an get some tips for ya.Don

CrappieJed
06-09-2010, 05:43 PM
great Don, we need all the tips we can get...that reminds me Don did i tell you that i used to circumcise elephants years ago for B&B circus co. the pay was not that good but boy did i get big tips:yikes:

CRABBY
06-09-2010, 06:10 PM
great Don, we need all the tips we can get...that reminds me Don did i tell you that i used to circumcise elephants years ago for B&B circus co. the pay was not that good but boy did i get big tips:yikes:
CJ Glad your good with a knife,you get to clean an fillet everybody's fish:yahoo:...Don

TheWeasel
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
by the dam there is a few crawdads i have seen. also saw some big catfish

Fishbucket
06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I believe it does LS... how many.. I dont know. But, I'm going to find out this yr. !:bananasplits:

CRABBY
06-09-2010, 07:04 PM
So as not to confuse anybody I combined CJs butter traps an dads thread here,if you don't like it I can un-merge it an put it back.Don:rolleyes2:

Fishbucket
06-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I got no problem with it.

CRABBY
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I got no problem with it.

you sure,kinda all goes together same place an all,just has two titles to it an may confuse people until it gets a few posts after the merge,we'll see you guys speak up if you don't like it.Gee to bad I couldn't merge entire websites together:rotfl2: That would be interesting:D.....Don

Trout Tracker
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Depending on how busy it is at work the 18th i'm going to try to take that day off.
I thought that it would be nice to have a extra day to fish and just hang out.
I have what it will take to camp.Grub,sleeping bag,air mattress and what ever else.
My camp stove took a dump and i need my coffee .
I can bring all the Folgers someone needs to make a pot.
TT

CRABBY
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Depending on how busy it is at work the 18th i'm going to try to take that day off.
I thought that it would be nice to have a extra day to fish and just hang out.
I have what it will take to camp.Grub,sleeping bag,air mattress and what ever else.
My camp stove took a dump and i need my coffee .
I can bring all the Folgers someone needs to make a pot.
TT
Bob got a stove for you,I'm in sp.105 may have room there for you,will see how everything fits,NO problem.Don

Fishbucket
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
TroutTracker

Come find me at site 51a or on the water. .. you have a VHF radio? I'll be on Ch69.

If you havent save a campsite. you most likely be down in the overflow.

I'll have a single burner stove for you to borrow...

Trout Tracker
06-11-2010, 04:55 AM
More than likely i will be in the open camping area.I did not call ahead.
But no biggie.I will jot down your sites and look you up.
Thank you very much for the offer.
TT

Fishbucket
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
WHOO !!.. :cheesy: I'm offically on Vacation till the 21st ! :tomato:

Time to get all the camp and fish gear sorted, cleaned and packed..

Delta_Rose
06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
WHOO !!.. :cheesy: I'm offically on Vacation till the 21st ! :tomato:

Time to get all the camp and fish gear sorted, cleaned and packed..

Same here! I'll catch up with the mowing this weekend, get the truck washed and waxed, pack up and head on up to Collins on Monday. I'm looking forward to a few days away:yahoo::yahoo:

CRABBY
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Same here! I'll catch up with the mowing this weekend, get the truck washed and waxed, pack up and head on up to Collins on Monday. I'm looking forward to a few days away:yahoo::yahoo:

You two just make me jealous:teaseku9:.........Don

Fishbucket
06-12-2010, 04:33 AM
It's 5:30 in the morning..... I'm suposto be on vacation !.. :duh:

Guess I'll go watch Fishing shows..:smiley:

scnt junky
06-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Well Im suppose to be leaving to eagle lake but my father-in -law has to have surgery on the 25th and was told to stay close to town. So I will be at collins Thurs -Sun with the family would like to stop in and meet you guys. Its been 2 yrs since Ive fished this lake hope I can get some tips. See you up there.
Scnt Jnky

Fishbucket
06-12-2010, 06:47 AM
We'll be glad to meet ya scnt junky,

All the info is posted, stop on by. I hope to have some good reports of whats going on with the fish by then.

Send me a pm on how many of you are going to be at the Potluck. Got to make sure I have enough Burgers. :party-smiley-020:

Fishbucket
06-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Alright.... Boat is packed with camp chairs, Firewood and Fishing gear. Downriggers are bolted down. cannon balls and releases are in. Bucket potty is lined and ready. Rods are in the lockers. Kicker is on. Boat is gassed..... I'm READY ! ! :elephant:

10 day weather looks good.
Tomorrow hot then a slight cooling trend in to the mid/upper 80's, a tad hot if the wind stays down. Trip is looking to turn out Great..

scnt junky
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Fishbucket I seeyour list of things packed but I think you forgot beer on ice. :party:

SJ

Fishbucket
06-12-2010, 08:29 PM
AH... But I dont drink beer.. and I have a Refer/Freezer in the Camper. along with A/c and a Bathroom.... "Camping" at it's finest.

Delta_Rose
06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
AH... But I dont drink beer...

So whaddya gonna drink when you stop by to say hi? You gonna make me drink my 12 pack of Coronas all by myself?:cheers:

CRABBY
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
AH... But I dont drink beer.. and I have a Refer/Freezer in the Camper. along with A/c and a Bathroom.... "Camping" at it's finest.

BEER did I hear BEER YES!!:schulz9lh::yahoo::yahoo:

CrappieJed
06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
FishBucket doesnt drink anything stronger then pop....but then pop will drink anything:winkfs:

Fishbucket
06-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Refer in the camper chilled down over night... Today is loading day.

We'll be at Lake Costco in the afternoon, dividing and craming the goodies tonight.

Captain Morgan
06-14-2010, 06:50 AM
GL & have fun!! I'm headed to the Bay for a Butt Derby!

Delta_Rose
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
The truck and trailer are packed and we are about ready to head out. See you up there.

Fishbucket
06-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Our truck is packed, Boat is packed... Going out to hitch them up. Then drink a cup of coffee and then we're off.

See the rest of you smelly fisherman when you get there :bananachaga:

Fishbucket
06-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Made it here yesterday about 11 am..

Fished early afternoon 1 till 4 .. Caught 4 at the dam. Pink Grub, and UV hoochi. Bettween 25- 40 feet.
Fished this morning early w/ Delta Rose. didnt get bit till 6:30 All they wanted today was wurms and dodgers all at 25 feet.

Nothing big.. couple nice 14-15 inchers. the rest nice soild 13's

Come on up the waters.... at 73 degs.

okie
06-16-2010, 09:48 AM
fishbucket, dont believe everything you hear, i appreciate cj's comment about the meatballs, but as i recall the other fest we attended, he would eat anything in front of him.
i'm also goin to make an attempt to fix some spicy shrimp.
bill

scnt junky
06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey Fishbucket I got the boat packed and ready to go see you tomorrow Im in site 124 on the water gold custom weld thanks for the heads up on the fishing see you tomorrow.
Scnt Junky

CrappieJed
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
fishbucket, dont believe everything you hear, i appreciate cj's comment about the meatballs, but as i recall the other fest we attended, he would eat anything in front of him.
i'm also goin to make an attempt to fix some spicy shrimp.
bill
I resemble that....actually I'll eat anything that does'nt eat me first...make extra Okie

CRABBY
06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
OK,all is loaded but beer,food an ice,should be pulling in about 8am or sooner,will give a holler on 69 for sniffers,weather is looking great,Okie,I love shrimp,forget the meatballs.HAHA,sorry guys an gals.Will try an pick up some fresh strawberries if the fruit stand is open.James (Hotdog)you gonna make it or you still swinging that hammer?Sounds like so much food we may have to invite the whole campground.:laugh::laugh: Don

Trout Tracker
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
As much as i wanted to i won't be able to take Friday off to make it a 2 day trip.
My Grandaughter and i will be thier Saturday Morning bright an early.
Are we all going to meet at a common place Saturday morning or launch,fish then meet at a common place and eat some Fine food.
TT

CRABBY
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
As much as i wanted to i won't be able to take Friday off to make it a 2 day trip.
My Grandaughter and i will be thier Saturday Morning bright an early.
Are we all going to meet at a common place Saturday morning or launch,fish then meet at a common place and eat some Fine food.
TT
Bob,the potluck will probably be in the overflow area,give me a call on radio,69,or call me on cell when you get there(will PM it to you)everything will be set up by then.Got a new Sniffer hat for your granddaughter.Don

Fishbucket
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Lets all meet out on the water. Holler on ch69 or flag me down. My antenna has an american flag and a Rainbow trout hanging from it. along with the stars on the side of the boat.
I'm thinking that we may just meet on the right side of the swim beach for the pot luck. Up the hill are some Picnic tables. Going to the store to check on getting a couple of those.
Those of you without radios.. be sure to introduce yourself to the others.. We'll keep you in the loop.

Just saw some big slab crappie come out from a stones throw from camp....

See YA !..

CRABBY
06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Lets all meet out on the water. Holler on ch69 or flag me down. My antenna has an american flag and a Rainbow trout hanging from it. along with the stars on the side of the boat.
I'm thinking that we may just meet on the right side of the swim beach for the pot luck. Up the hill are some Picnic tables. Going to the store to check on getting a couple of those.
Those of you without radios.. be sure to introduce yourself to the others.. We'll keep you in the loop.

Just saw some big slab crappie come out from a stones throw from camp....

See YA !.. Well you need to find out what the crappie are hittin on,get CJ all excited!!!!If you don't see FB,I'm easy to spot,blue over white Crestliner,American flag on ant.my name an stars,decals all over it,looks like it will sink with all the stuff hanging off it.Don

hotdog
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
OK,all is loaded but beer,food an ice,should be pulling in about 8am or sooner,will give a holler on 69 for sniffers,weather is looking great,Okie,I love shrimp,forget the meatballs.HAHA,sorry guys an gals.Will try an pick up some fresh strawberries if the fruit stand is open.James (Hotdog)you gonna make it or you still swinging that hammer?Sounds like so much food we may have to invite the whole campground.:laugh::laugh: Don

Are you meeting at the volleyball net or the other end? What time is the grub happening? I'm going to try and show up, at least for an hour or two.

Today was "beach day" for our home-schoolers so my wife along with about nine other women and 30 kids were there in the swim area from 10:00 to 3:00. The gals calls themselves the umbrella ladies because of the line of shade they put up. That's why I always tell my kids not to be in a big hurry to grow up and move out, being an adult sucks most of the time in comparison. My son was the 15 year old who is big as an ox and eats twice as much.

CRABBY
06-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Are you meeting at the volleyball net or the other end? What time is the grub happening? I'm going to try and show up, at least for an hour or two.

Today was "beach day" for our home-schoolers so my wife along with about nine other women and 30 kids were there in the swim area from 10:00 to 3:00. The gals calls themselves the umbrella ladies because of the line of shade they put up. That's why I always tell my kids not to be in a big hurry to grow up and move out, being an adult sucks most of the time in comparison. My son was the 15 year old who is big as an ox and eats twice as much. I think it will be in overflow,the beach an picnic area will be too crowded on a sat.plus we would have to move to much stuff back an forth,as for time that will be dependent on who,how many,etc.I would guess around 4/5 PM,plenty of daylight left,temps will be nice,an we won't be eating in the dark,an have time for all to BS with ea.other.James PM me your P # an I'll give you a call on sat.Don

Trout Tracker
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Don and fishbucket.
I guess when my Granddaughter and i get thier we will go straight to the boat launch.I figure that you two will already be on the water probly catching the big ones.
I will be in a 14ft Valco with my Grandaughter in the front.The drivers seat is a brown seat off a tracker boat,high back.
I have Dons # and will give him a call once we get on the water and situated.
Mia is looking forward to this fishing trip and i'm looking forward to meeting the sniffer gang.
See you on the water.
TT

GNappers
06-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Trout Tracker I had trouble getting reception up there so maybe try and call them on the boat radio. Fishbucket how did the fishing go today? Once I get off work I am heading up to El Dorado but might just stay there and hang out with my brothers family and eat dinner since I don't want to be driving another 2 hours. What time does the boat leave in the morning? Of course I also don't want to wake up at 3 or 4 on Saturday to make it out. Call me if the fishing is not red hot I will just hit up the Yuba and fish this new spot I found by myself.

Delta_Rose
06-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Made it here yesterday about 11 am..

Fished early afternoon 1 till 4 .. Caught 4 at the dam. Pink Grub, and UV hoochi. Bettween 25- 40 feet.
Fished this morning early w/ Delta Rose. didnt get bit till 6:30 All they wanted today was wurms and dodgers all at 25 feet.

Nothing big.. couple nice 14-15 inchers. the rest nice soild 13's

Come on up the waters.... at 73 degs.

Fishbucket- thanks again for the boat rides and trout fishing pointers. I would have never had a chance at them without downriggers. It was nice meeting you and your family.

SMOGGUY- it was nice meeting you- sorry we didn't have a chance to sit down and have a beer.

Sorry I missed everyone else at the fest. I'll try to make the next one.

And finally, here's a photo of Fishbucket at the helm of his Spectrum putting the hurt on those Collins Lake 'bows
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9333/img1872h.jpg

Trout Tracker
06-20-2010, 05:27 AM
I just want to say that i think the Collins lake trout fest was a success.My Granddaughter had a wonderful time.Great food,good conversation,meeting fellow fisherman what more could a person ask for on a Saturday.That is what it's all about.Okies meatballs that i have heard so much about were the best,Thanks Okie.
It was a pleasure meeting all of you.Sorry if i seemed a bit out of it but Being up since 3:00 am sorta takes it out of you at the end of a day.
I forget the youngmans name who caught the big fish and took the $5.00 prize.All i can say is way to go.
Don.
I thank yoiu so much for the Sniffer hat for my Grandaughter.She is so proud to have that hat and wears it proudly.All she wants to do is get a truck,boat and put stars on it and fish.
Our future generation of fishsniffers has been recruted at a young age of 10.
Anyway.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you and it was a pleasure meeting you.
I look forward to doing it again.
TT

okie
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
i made it home ok, as usual, wife is upiset because i didn't bring anything home. but i told her it wasn't the catching, it was finally meeting all you new (to me) sniffers, except cj.
the pot luck was great, really enjoyed the food.
and Don, thank you and Hope so much for the hospitality and kindness. i just hope that all of you can make it to the next pyramid fest in october. cant wait until next time at collins, gonna bring a flood light and some minnows and catch some of those crappie. i finally got to see with my own eyes a crappie 1 to 1 1/5 lbs, what a hog.
cj, sometime in later july or august, me and the kids (pups) will be down to steal
some of the hogs from your pond.
tom, thanks so much for taking the time to come to the dock and picking me up, you kindness is appreciated.
and james, please let us know how the hook came out! you're a real man staying with us for the potluck with the hook in the thumb covered with a waterbottle cap and electricians tape.
again, my sincerest thanks and appreciation to everyone, it was the best weekend i've had in a long time.
okie

CrappieJed
06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Meet the bucket....no not the Fishbucket the more famous bucket...yep thats right the meatball bucket with its master Okie sitting in the background watching over like a protected mother hen or just monitoring how many I CJ take...lol great job on the meatballs Okie it was worth the drive to see a good friend and jaw.http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/CrappieJed/Collinsfest6-18-10.jpg
It was great meeting all of you guys...fishbucket great job on the burgers you worked hard and they were very tasty...Smogguy thanks for letting us invade your camp for the potluck it was alot of fun....Troutracker & your fantastic grandaughter...Hotdog...King James...scentjunky and your boys great meeting all of you it was fun...I would like to say a special thanks to Smogguy's...Fishbucket's and Scentjunky's wifes for putting up with us and helping make the potluck a success you worked hard....and of course my best friend Lineside for hanging out with me, always fun and different...lol...CJ
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/CrappieJed/collinsfestscentjunkyson6-18-10.jpg
Little scentjunky best fish of the fest great job you are a fantastic fisherman proud of you

King James
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey..It was just great finally meeting some of the Sniffers, Crappie Jed, Oakie, Fishbucket just to name a few......I had a great time.....Thanks to Smogguy for letting us use his camp (sorry Mrs. Smogguy, I missed your potatoe salad...next time). I really enjoyed you all and can't wait till the next fest....

A very special thanks to Smogguy and Oakie for trying to get the hook out....and then devising the water bottle cap attached by electrical tape to protect my protruding hook. This protection allowed me to hang around a while and enjoy those great Oakie meatballs (Oakie thank You for sending me home with a bunch, I just made the best meatball sandwhich I ever had). Thanks to CrappieJed for the most awsome smoked trout I ever had....outta this world. Fishbucket sorry I missed your burgers.

Smogguy and Oakie...you were the talk of the emergency ward at Sierra Nevada Emergency room.....all the Doctors and Nurse's had to stop what they were doing and come look at your handywork. All the Doctors said it was the best idea they had seen yet to protect an injury like that....GREAT JOB! I finally got home at 10:15 PM with a very numb thumb....it took 5 shots to numb the thumb...they said that thumbs are very hard to numb compared to fingers....hurt like heck, but I did get to keep the hook, Ha!

Thanks Again To everyone, James

CRABBY
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
What can I say?Never met so many great people at one time,wife wiil post pic,s (A lot I hope) later.I will have much more to say later with pic's I hope,Gotta unload,clean up an rest.Don

hotdog
06-20-2010, 05:28 PM
It was nice meeting ya'all.
Don, thanks for your hospitality.
Okie, I'll give you and Don a shout out when I'll be camping at Little Grass to see if you want to come up and catch some kokes. I think I can improve your luck...
CJ, looking forward to fishing with you next time around. I likes them crappies too!

okie
06-20-2010, 05:49 PM
cj, if it hadn't been for you, lineside andking james i think it was, more people could have got a taste of the shrimp. and the tuna dip, that was supposed to be my lunch for sunday. mrs smogguy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helpin me cook the shrimp and meatballs, i wasn't expectin all the help, dont think i could have done it without you.
bill

Fishbucket
06-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Whew... Got home a bit ago. The refer is unloaded and the rest can wait till morning..

Thanks for Everything from Everybody ! :horn: Toot your horns It took all of us to hang out together.

Good meeting you DeltaRose, Great to put a face with a name, and Fishing with ya.
give Baxter a scratch from us!

GNap and I with scntjunky hit the hot tip spot again this morning and if I recall right pulled out 5 fish. The biggest at 2.90 lbs. Thanks Gnap for the filet work (I'll smoke them up this week., Plus, I got some of your gear.)
After We got all loaded up and the rig parked at the launch. GBG, BaitBucket and I went out again. Yep.. Same spot. Barely had the second rod down and the first was going off. Sacked another 5 fish in less the 2 hours. Seen TrollingOne out there too. Hope you picked up some to
Got them on ice, I'll clean in the morning. Too dang tired to anything now. I'll spend the last day of Vacation swabing the decks tomorrow.

I've got some pics and some storys. I'll post up later.

Like everyone says, Good meeting everyone and swapping storys. :oregonian_winesmile
Definately, have to do this again.

GNappers
06-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Great trip but would have liked to stay 1 more night. Got there Friday about midnight right before the gate closed and after eating a few ribs I got a 4 hours of sleep before the 5 o'clock wake up call. Headed toward the buoys by the creek mouth for 1 quick fish on orange grub and silver/red dodger. Got a few more before we headed to the dock for some coffee and breakfast provided by Joseph and Linda, member of the Team Fishbucket. Bites were spread out and the majority were on worm with dodger. Went back out in the afternoon with Joseph and headed across the lake to fish a cove that Scent Junkie had told us about. 30 minutes in with the boat swinging on the anchor and no bites I suggested we move. Of course that is when Joseph reeled in a nice trout caught with 2 white power eggs dipped in Berkeley Trout Scent.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/GNappers/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_0274.jpg

15 minutes later another fish on the same set up. The key seemed to be to just drop the bait strait down and then real it up a few feet off the bottom. Scent Junkies youngest boy reeled in the biggest for the fish Sniffer group about 4.5 pounds caught on power bait. Around 3 we called it quits for a while and headed in for the potluck. Later we trolled for an hour with no success, then I tried catfishing off the dock and dropped a crawdad spot but had no takers on either. Fishbucket and I even shot across the lake to try for crappie and cats in the pitch black but caught nothing. Got to learn how to catch cats at night. Once back at dock Okie and I tried for a few more hours but the only action we saw was the boat 2 berths over that caught a few slab crappie using minnows and a floating light a technique I had never seen.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/GNappers/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_0275.jpg

Tried some more catfishing and even dropped a glow in the dark jig for crappies. No bite on either setup but next time I am bringing a light and learning how to fish this lake for the kitties. 5:30 wake up call the next day and we headed to the cove we had picked up the 2 bait fishing the day before. Had a quick fish on but G Nappers farmed it as I tried to lift it into the net. This bite like most of the bites today came on worm with dodger setup. Fished for 2 hours since we had to brake down camp and ended with 5 fish the final fish the our biggest for the 2 days was there about 2.9 pounds.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/GNappers/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_0277.jpg

Had about 4 bites on the orange grub and silver/red dodger 25-30 OTW. Had about 5 more bites on the worm with dodger today but the fish were short striking. The bite turned on today, a couple fishing off the dock last night and this morning picked up about 6 using power bait with the biggest going 5 pound. Last night another couple got 3 soaking green power bait in front of the dam.

Finally met Mrs. Fishbucket, I mean GBG as I stayed at their campsite, ate all there food, and took home some nice trout fillets from their boat. Thank you Linda, Joe and Joseph for everything, I had a great time. Smogguy family thank you for letting us set up camp at your site for a great dinner. Scent Junkie nice to meet you and the family and hopefully we do another Collins trip soon, if not this year maybe a little earlier next year. Okie, those were some good eat meat balls, I ended up eating a bowl full for breakfast. Crappie Jed thank you for the backpack, might be too nice for my fishing gear though. I still didn't deserve it, nice to meet you and Lineside and thank you for the smoked trout I need to get the recipe and smoking instructions. Also nice to meet Trout Tracker and granddaughter, and King James who luckily kept his finger and I think I met hot dog but not sure.

Joe glad you guys got some more, I am glad I left when I did, the last 30 minutes of the drive home I was considering pulling over and napping.

GoodBaitGirl
06-20-2010, 09:00 PM
LOL @ Kevin! Yes, I may be nothing but Mrs. Fishbucket to some but that's Goodbaitgirl to those who REALLY know me, like you! Had fun hanging with you and meeting everyone. I especially enjoyed getting acquainted with the ladies....Hope, Nicole, Christine and daughter....the fishermen were alright too I guess!:hellohello9il:

Don and Hope ... thanks for setting it up on your spot. I look forward to facebooking with you Hope. I'll connect online tomorrow.

CJ and Lineside....it was nice to meet you both. That was some mighty fine smoked trout and macaroni salad you two! Thank you.

Okie.....your meatballs disappointed me because....I didn't get enough!!! They were awesome! I do want you recipe....pretty please?

TroutTracker...it was nice meeting you and your granddaughter, who seemed to have a blast!

ScentJunky, Nicole and boys....what a great family. So glad to have met you. It was great fun for Joseph to have a Nintendo buddy there, and tell your oldest baseball star to postpone girls for as long as possible...we're nothin' but trouble!

Hotdog...Glad you could make it....and thank you to you and Smogguy for rescuing me on my way home from the party...that box was a bit heavy!

King JAMES....You have got to be one tuff guy to have stuck around after getting stuck with that hook. When I read that you had to have 5 shots I winced a little. I do agree that SmogGuy and Okie deserve ER privileges...you guys might have missed your calling...that was a great way to protect your thumb! Heal quickly! I'm still a bit freaked out by my double....lol

We're home....tired....and glad to have hooked up with all of you.....

GoodBaitGirl
06-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Nappers....I didn't get to say bye. Enjoyed getting to know you a bit more. We'll have to have you over for dinner soon...we'll have something besides fish.....lol

GNappers
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah Linda that salad was the bomb. I feel like I ate too much of everything though. Same time next week.

GoodBaitGirl
06-20-2010, 09:11 PM
You should have gone back out with us...we had 5 more in the boat in under two hours...you were missed! Your hat now sits proudly on the arm wrestling dood statue in downtown Petaluma! Couldn't figure out a way to put your flashlight in his hand though...it's on the guy on the left....forgot to take a picture but here's one I found online prior to sporting a NorCal hat.........hope he appreciates it.

:innoc9dj:

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/large/3b9ccffe-bd69-4cfb-b9c9-7fbddcf85729.JPG

scnt junky
06-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Wow what fun. IT sure was nice meeting everyone I was so tired yesterday I went to sleep at 7pm. I just wanted to say how much fun my family had meetinng everyone GBG,Fishbucket,Joseph, Smogguy,Hope,G Nappers,Okie,Hot Dog,James ,CJ,Lineside, Trout Tracker,And Granddaughter anyone I forgot ? Trout tracker my youngest Dustin is still talking about that pot he won Thank you FB glad to see you got more fish,Okie the meatballs were great sorry I only got you 1 fish seems we missed a lot yesterday,Hope I cant wait to see your pics The boys say Hi. GBG I will try to keep Dakota into baseball he loves it shouldnt be hard. Don Thanks for the fire wood that was nice not to have to walk up and get some from the store. Hopefully I get to see you all again soon it was a great time. We have to do that again Nappers I enjoyed fishing and talking with all of you.
Scnt Junky

lineside
06-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought other sniffers should see Doctor Dons handy work.Maybe he could put on a workshop on how to apply bottle caps and black tape. And even go in to the many uses of duct tape.

lineside
06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
It was sure great to meet everyone. This was my third fest and the sniffers and their familys are just good people to be around.Thank you all for another fun weekend.Hope to see you all next time. Lineside.

Trout Tracker
06-21-2010, 04:28 PM
lineslide
Dr.Don did a great job with that bottle cap.Talk about a Mcgiver situation that was one of them.I gotta remember that one.
After all the numbing they did how did they take it out at the Hospital?
It was great meeting you and i sure do like your boat.Lots of room.
TT

CRABBY
06-21-2010, 05:16 PM
lineslide
Dr.Don did a great job with that bottle cap.Talk about a Mcgiver situation that was one of them.I gotta remember that one.
After all the numbing they did how did they take it out at the Hospital?
It was great meeting you and i sure do like your boat.Lots of room.
TT.....:smiley:........Bottle cap or any kind of cap works for any small small cut,blister,burn,etc.that way no pressure can irritate the wound,keeps the pressure off when you gotta keep going,won't help with pain though but with a lid of some type it keeps you from irritating it.Bob how is our little sweetheart Mia?She ready to go fishing again or Camping,you know you gotta take her Grampa LOL.My wife is trying to download the pic's but turns out the disc in her camera is corrupted,pics are there we can see them but the computer won't accept them,will probably have to take them to shop an get an expert to get them out unless Fishbucket knows a trick.Don

King James
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey Trout Tracker, Lineside......they did exactly what Oakie tried to do (but wasn't successful because I was screaming and jerking like a little girl!) they pushed it until the point came out of the skin (about 3/4 of a inch gap between where the hook went in and where the tip pushed out, very deep) and just pulled it out. No problem when the thumb is all numb (just got all my feeling back this morning).

Say hello to the your Granddaughter Fish Sniffer...she looked great in that Fish Sniffer hat!
It was great meeting you both.

James

King James
06-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Goodbaitgirl..........

My sister-in-law was blown away how much you looked like her....so was my brother!

It was great meeting you, Fishbucket and family. I'm looking forward to the next Fest.

Thank's Again to All, James

CrappieJed
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
You know you sit back at home and start reflecting more on the trip and i just have to marvel something about scnt junky....he's standing there and i say you look like my favorite actor especially with your profile...boy was i right, he tells me well he is my great great grandpa so of course here comes the questions the poor guy has probably answered a million times. I look out the corner of my eye and scnt junky oldest boy the 11 year old all star baseball player is just sitting quitly listening to us star gazers so i say to him, your a lucky guy to have the Duke as one of your grandpas even though you never met him something you should know...he listens and I say to him no matter how many people go goo goo gaga today over Brad Pitt he will never ever be as big as your greatx3 grandpa...little scnt junky looks right at me without a blink and says i already know that....i really enjoyed visiting with him what a sharp young man, what nice nice family...scnt junky you need to post a picture of you with cowboy hat i would like to add it to my John Wayne collection.

CJ

CRABBY
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
You know you sit back at home and start reflecting more on the trip and i just have to marvel something about scnt junky....he's standing there and i say you look like my favorite actor especially with your profile...boy was i right, he tells me well he is my great great grandpa so of course here comes the questions the poor guy has probably answered a million times. I look out the corner of my eye and scnt junky oldest boy the 11 year old all star baseball player is just sitting quitly listening to us star gazers so i say to him, your a lucky guy to have the Duke as one of your grandpas even though you never met him something you should know...he listens and I say to him no matter how many people go goo goo gaga today over Brad Pitt he will never ever be as big as your greatx3 grandpa...little scnt junky looks right at me without a blink and says i already know that....i really enjoyed visiting with him what a sharp young man, what nice nice family...scnt junky you need to post a picture of you with cowboy hat i would like to add it to my John Wayne collection.

CJ...........Hey CJ whats going on here,you told me I looked like a ringer for ELVIS.:www_MyEmoticons_com:laugh:

CrappieJed
06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
...........Hey CJ whats going on here,you told me I looked like a ringer for ELVIS.:www_MyEmoticons_com:laugh:
you do i stand behind what i said i think you are a ringer for Elvis Costello

scnt junky
06-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Hey Cj I can barely type and post the smilies let alone post a picture of me with a cowboy hat the computer would blow up cuz i dont know how to do it. My boy is very attentive and seems more like an adult everyday. Your right he knows the duke is better than Brad Pitt and hes proud of it. Ill have to bring a hat to a fest and have someone who knows how take the picture. Thank you for all the fun. CJ did you ever find any crappie Okie and Nappers fished the dock Sat night and said a guy in a slip between my boat an fishbuckets boat got a few (big ones )on minnows. Don you do got the Elvis thing going on.

Scnt Junky

Trout Tracker
06-22-2010, 05:24 AM
I know that Mia had a great time and when we left she was full of questions.
Granpa,How long have you known those people?Are they your friends?Is Don your friend?
Dons wife is nice,she let me help her in the motorhome.Do you fish with those guys alot?
It was a million questions almost all the way back to Sacramento untill she went to sleep.
I can always count on her to go fishing at the drop of a hat and she usually out fishes me most trips.Not that i can't fish.I have got her to the point to where she can let her own leadcore line out to the colors that i tell her to,she sets her drag and somewhat threads her own crawler on the hook.
I don't always count my blessings with her but i love the kid to death.
And the sniffer hat that Don gave her is her prized hat.She is so proud of that hat and left it at the house so she has it for future fishing trips.She is now a fishsniffer with that hat and so very proud to be.
I just can not say enough how much of a great time she had and how it was a pleasure meeting all of you for the both of us.
I look forward to the next time and i know that Mia does also.
TT

GoodBaitGirl
06-22-2010, 08:37 AM
:wow_2:

Can you feel the Sniffer Love?

You guys are all mushy and stuff............awwwwwwwwwww

GoodBaitGirl
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Goodbaitgirl..........

My sister-in-law was blown away how much you looked like her....so was my brother!

It was great meeting you, Fishbucket and family. I'm looking forward to the next Fest.

Thank's Again to All, James

King James,

When you get a chance please send me a picture of your sis in law to rivera@sonic.net. I want to look at it again. Makes me wonder if my father had more than 1 girlfriend....

It was nice meeting you too and I'm glad that you are not "hooked"...:cheesy:

Fishbucket
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
....so was my brother!

Your Brother must have thought....

"Daym, Fishbucket and I got some smoking hot wives !"

:laugh:

Here's a few pics from the week.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010002.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010018.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010008.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010017.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010014.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010022.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Collins2010/Collins2010023.jpg

That last stringer is in the smoker right now.

Kevin,
call me this afternoon. I'll have a bag of it for you.

I've got a couple vids to put on still.... I'll do that later.

CrappieJed
06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Cj I can barely type and post the smilies let alone post a picture of me with a cowboy hat the computer would blow up cuz i dont know how to do it. My boy is very attentive and seems more like an adult everyday. Your right he knows the duke is better than Brad Pitt and hes proud of it. Ill have to bring a hat to a fest and have someone who knows how take the picture. Thank you for all the fun. CJ did you ever find any crappie Okie and Nappers fished the dock Sat night and said a guy in a slip between my boat an fishbuckets boat got a few (big ones )on minnows. Don you do got the Elvis thing going on.

Scnt Junky
actually after going back to camp and rolling around in pain from all that food Okie made me eat....i went down to the docks and watched some guys fishing for crappies....they weren't doing real hot but i guess a little later someone caught a couple nice ones...Big Ant would be the one to ask about crappie at Collins thats his lake for crappie...well thats what i heard anyway