PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Res. Ramp being closed?

ProAquatics
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Was planning on heading to San Pablo today but i made a phone call to them on monday and they said the launching ramp is closed mon-weds and i wanted to know what the deal is with that?? anyone know the story.?Thank you Matt

Blue
05-04-2010, 08:24 PM
It's been a REALLY long time since I've fished there but I think the whole launch gate area is closed during those days because it's the slowest business wise those days and they don't want to pay for staffing if only a hand full of people show up to launch their boats.

nayr
05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
It's been a REALLY long time since I've fished there but I think the whole launch gate area is closed during those days because it's the slowest business wise those days and they don't want to pay for staffing if only a hand full of people show up to launch their boats.

that was my guess too
the resevoir looks awesome from the road now that it has some water in it!

ProAquatics
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Yea same i havent fished that lake in about 7 years so i wanted to try it on my day off,didnt workout for me.guess i gotta wait til sunday.

Thnx guys

Matt

dirty3hirties
05-06-2010, 06:10 AM
I used to go to San Pablo a lot.....before the dam was fixed. Bait fishing was always hot for me. Went this past weekend and didn't know what too expect. Water was really stained.....couldn't launch the boat till 7:00 AM!!!! WTF. Figured we were past the prime time action.

Started at Sandy Point...nothing. Saw a boat catch a dink about 15 min after we dropped anchor. Stayed there for 1 1/2 hours....still nothing. The skunk was creeping up on us......

Then we moved a little towards Scow. Dropped anchor after we marked some fish. For the next 4 1/2 hours we caught 18....all about 1 1/2 to maybe just a hair under 2 lbs. All on worms.....NOTHING on powereggs/bait. I ended up with 7 of the 18 and it seemed that anise was the key. We would get hit pretty much within 5 min after casting....pretty close to shore too. If you didn't get hit, might as well reel back in and re-scent. The hottest time was around 10:00 AM or so. I had yet to catch a fish and then started scenting with Anise vigorously (I had tried other powerbait scents up to this point too.....so were my friends). Landed 4 fish within 20 min!!!!!

We steadily caught fish until about 1:30 PM....called it a day. Ended up being a great day. I guess the 30 pack of Coors light didn't hurt either :oregonian_winesmile

ProAquatics
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I used to go to San Pablo a lot.....before the dam was fixed. Bait fishing was always hot for me. Went this past weekend and didn't know what too expect. Water was really stained.....couldn't launch the boat till 7:00 AM!!!! WTF. Figured we were past the prime time action.

Started at Sandy Point...nothing. Saw a boat catch a dink about 15 min after we dropped anchor. Stayed there for 1 1/2 hours....still nothing. The skunk was creeping up on us......

Then we moved a little towards Scow. Dropped anchor after we marked some fish. For the next 4 1/2 hours we caught 18....all about 1 1/2 to maybe just a hair under 2 lbs. All on worms.....NOTHING on powereggs/bait. I ended up with 7 of the 18 and it seemed that anise was the key. We would get hit pretty much within 5 min after casting....pretty close to shore too. If you didn't get hit, might as well reel back in and re-scent. The hottest time was around 10:00 AM or so. I had yet to catch a fish and then started scenting with Anise vigorously (I had tried other powerbait scents up to this point too.....so were my friends). Landed 4 fish within 20 min!!!!!

We steadily caught fish until about 1:30 PM....called it a day. Ended up being a great day. I guess the 30 pack of Coors light didn't hurt either :oregonian_winesmile

Kick @$$ job dirty,thnx for the info,i might need to invest in some of that Anise.
i need to break in my new lil klamath.good place to do it.

Matt