PDA

View Full Version : Fresno Pine Flat Lake is hot

BoKnows10216
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Took a fishing buddy out to pine flat. We spent 4 hours fishing off the bank near deer creek. the trout were jumping every where. The fish are on the small side, but none the less fun to catch. my buddy took 4 home for dinner. as for me ,I fish for bass, all catch and release. my buddy used night crawlers injected with air to float. had fun.

kayakman
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the report. I haven't been to the flat in a couple years. I have had good luck and no luck there but always had a great time. A word of caution, one year my buddies and I were trolling for trout and decided to huck some lures off the bank for a chance to stretch our legs and while walking the rocky bank I almost stepped on top of a coiled rattlesnake. So after I changed my shorts we got back in the boat and trolled on.:signs703jx:

ReelJerks
05-07-2010, 06:15 AM
..... and while walking the rocky bank I almost stepped on top of a coiled rattlesnake. So after I changed my shorts we got back in the boat and trolled on.:signs703jx:
Rattlesnakes are great swimmers and have been known to slither up into a boat. There have been two occasions when we found rattlers on the docks over the past 40 years. The snakes will be a bigger problem this year do to higher than normal water. Bad months are April thru September. Careful.

Edd

FISHERWALLY
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I can add alittle to this I fish the lake every weekend and seen 3 rattle snakes 6 calif kings and a couple of what looked like some type of racers. I was fishing one of the coves from shore we pulled the boat up and we saw a big old rattler snake come up out out the water about 15 feet from the bank , that is when there is no more air for them to stay down, two weeks ago there was a osprey that had what looked like a little garter snake, yes is that time and with the water up like EDD said there will be caution to be used if your walking the the water line. On a nother note people I was speaking with a couple contr friends and they had been broken into and wallets, cell phones , etc etc stolen from there trucks while out on the water, if at all possible take all your valuables on the boat and lock / set the alarms, this had happened twice in the last two weeks, one of the wallets was found at Doyles with no credit cards of his cash in it, the credit cards were canceled but they tried to use them in 3 places in Sanger. Have a great weekend.

fisherwally (john)

acldo6390
05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Too bad about those thieves... You really have to be careful, it happened to some friends of ours recently. Make sure those trailers are locked, my nightmare is to come back to a truck and no trailer!