PDA

View Full Version : McClure

vito9999
05-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Drove by Bagby this morning. The boat ramp is touching the water. Not saying you can launch as I am not sure how far into the water the end of the ramp extends. How ever it does look like the lake is navigable up to the campground. Might how to go out Sunday morning ans see if there are any Kings up there.

acldo6390
05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I am going to be out on Saturday, if your out give me a shout I'll have the radio on. What area produces as this will be my first trip there.
Mark

vito9999
05-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Will not be able to get out until Sunday. If it is your 1st trip I would stay away from going under the Hwy 49 Bridge at Bagby. It can be a little tricky if you do not know the Merced River channel as the lake is still fairly low. If you are coming from the south you can launch at McClure Pt and try the dam area and out to the A-frame house/cabin you can see up on Hill (Hunters Valley). If you arrive early you should be able to get some top water action if you start catching trout you will find the kings 10-20ft below the trout. After the sun gets on the water I find the trout will get to around the 40ft depth Kokes 65-100 and the kings can be anywhere from 50-125ft. Shad imitations, roll anchovies or sardines for the kings or larger trout, standard koke colors with a piece of corn. When the lake comes up about another 15 feet King fishing up river past the Bagby campground should be good. If the Dam area is slow head over to Horseshoe Bend you can get into fish there also though not many kings there with the exception of the river channel.
Good Luck