PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 5-7-2010

fishingguysf
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I fished Quarry today from 3:00pm to 7:30pm. Fishing was slow for the first hour and half for me. Guy to the right of me caught his limit, but he was there since 10:00am. After he left, I started getting bites. I had the whole place to myself, until 5:00pm when two other guys fished next to me. The bites picked up and I was able to catch my limit by 6:00pm. The two guys were not getting any bites, so I stuck around and helped them out. They managed to catch 5 and the largest about 2-1/2 pounds. One of the guys almost caught his limit and you can say he was a Happy Camper!!! 3 of my trouts were caught using Rainbow Glitter Powerbait dipped with my favorite Scent and the other 2 were caught using Green Powereggs with White Powerworm Combo dipped in Cod Liver Oil. I heard a lot of guys use the Cod Liver Oil out there, so bought a bottle and gave it a try. I still think my favorite scent works better!!! Nice to be out, except the wind was gusting pretty good on the Peninsula. Until next time...

Fishon!!!

youngling
05-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Great job Guy on catching your limit as well as helping others too! Good report! Hope to fish with you soon! Let me know when your out there again and I'll try to meet up. Fish On!

profzim
05-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi guys,
I fish probably only 3-4 times a year but I'd like to give Quarry a try. can you tell me generally where the peninsula is? you don't have to give up your honey hole, but I've been to Quarry once, got skunked and havent' fished there since. any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Jim

mlazar
05-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi guys,
I fish probably only 3-4 times a year but I'd like to give Quarry a try. can you tell me generally where the peninsula is? you don't have to give up your honey hole, but I've been to Quarry once, got skunked and havent' fished there since. any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Jim

it is in the rare fruit tree grove on this map:

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/quarry_lakes#trailmap

fishingguysf
05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Matt, I will let you know when I head out there again. I did go out there Saturday, fished from 3-7:30pm and the wind blew me off the Peninsula. I got two bites and decided to join my buddy across the lake where it was not as windy. No bites for me at the new spot. Fisherman Fred hit up the Peninsula Point early morning and caught his limit with 1 weighing 6 pounds is what he said. Also, I did help a guy name Wayne net a nice 3lbs 14oz Rainbow when I was fishing the Peninsula. He also had a nice 3-1/2 pounder on his stringer. You might know him, since he fishes there all the time.

Jim, the map that mlazar included in his post is correct. The Peninsula is on that Island. When you hit the Outhouse, follow the trail in the middle until you hit the water. That is where I always fish, which is to the right of the xmas trees. Good luck if you make it out there.

Fishon!!!!

profzim
05-10-2010, 09:02 AM
fishinguy and mlazar,

You guys rock! I might give it a try this Friday AM. if anyone is going, post here and we'll meet up! I'm not a great fisherman, just like to get out there and relax.

Jim

fishingguysf
05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Matt & Jim, I can meet you guys out there on Friday morning if your interested. I guess I will need to get over there when the park opens at 5:00am. Look for me in a SF Giants jacket over at the Peninsula.

I am also heading out there sometime today with my gf, so will report on the action later on.

Fishon!!!!

fishfivedays888
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM
I fished there about a week ago, used rainbow, chartreuse, and glitter chartreuse. I fished from about 2 until 6 had one bite and he didn't take it.

So what's the magic scent?????

youngling
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I was there yesterday Monday morning from 5-8am at Fisherman's Row and caught 2 by 8am. It was a slow morning seeing how many anglers were out there. A 5#er was caught as I was leaving though.
Guy ~ I can't fish Friday but I'll be there today by 4pm. Let me know where you'll be.

FISH ON.

fishingguysf
05-12-2010, 08:38 AM
I fished there about a week ago, used rainbow, chartreuse, and glitter chartreuse. I fished from about 2 until 6 had one bite and he didn't take it.

So what's the magic scent?????

If I use Powerbait it is Rainbow and I dip it in some Smelly Jelly Liquid Craw/Anise scent. It seems to work good for me there. I also have been using two Poweregg & Powerworm Combo. Green Chartreuse Eggs with White Worm. Green Chartreuse Eggs with Orange Worm. White Eggs with White Worm. I would dip that in some Cod Liver Oil Cherry Flavor. A lot of people use the Powereggs & Worm combo there.