PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest Lake 5/8/2010

YBfishin
05-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Shore fished to the right end of the beach with rainbow colored power bait and bober/night crawler.Started at 10 am and done by 2pm with limit of 12'' to 15'' trout.They are starting to fill the lake it was down about 20ft.Nice day no crowd.

B-RAN
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
where's pinecrest at??

YBfishin
05-09-2010, 09:55 AM
It is out highway 108/120 above Sonora about a half an hour

Brutus20
05-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for sharing. Pinecrest is a beautiful lake ,we use to go up once a year but it's been a long time. Glad to hear you got into some fish.

...................Brutus.........

Whacked
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Pinecrest is up by Dodge Ridge ski resort.
It is a nice lake, I used to fish it when I lived up in that area. The best luck I had is the area by the dam up to the inlet. I havent been there in many, many years tho.
If you plan on going up there this summer, it gets PACKED on weekends, and I mean PACKED.

If you want a enjoyable hike, there is a trail that goes all the way around the lake. I hiked it once with family when I was a kid, stands to reason the trail is still there

dilbeck
05-09-2010, 12:05 PM
It is out highway 108/120 above Sonora about a half an hour

From Sonora, it takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour hour, depending on who I get stuck behind.

YBfishin
05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
The trail is still there and it is good for at least one lap a year.There are some good places to stop and fish all the way around.The lenght of the hike is about five miles and is easy to moderate.

steevo44
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I LOVE Pinecrest. Have been going every year for about 20 years and actually will be camping there this coming weekend with the family. I am glad to hear that you were getting fish. That lake is ALWAYS good for a limit.

kpl
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Please post a report when you get back. Love the lake on the off season. Just too much for me otherwise. Many great memories there. I was thinking of hitting it soon as the higher elevation lakes are still frozen.

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Pinecrest what a great lake to visit or camp at My ex girlfriend owns a cabin right by the lake and although I've never fished the lake I've had so many good times with my ex at her cabin in the middle of the woods it's a really beautiful and peaceful place to be at nightime and in the winter when it's snowing just as awesome Thanks for the report it brought back nothing but good memories I will be going back to pinecrest soon for sure

conrad89
05-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Pinecrest is a great lake if you dont mind the california fishing crowds. I brave them over memorial weekend. You can sure put the fish in the boat there though.

They have a nice cleaning station. Here was a decent morning's catch from my brother and two buddies
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/541/pncrstmemorial008.th.jpg (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/pncrstmemorial008.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

How do you get a nice medium sized picture that everyone posts I can only get super large or small like this one. I tried image shack and photobucket

steevo44
05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Just got back from a weekend at pinecrest. Fishing was pretty good. Fish were a bit on the small side, but it was fun anyways. Lots of people catching fish from the shore and I had limits each day trolling on the top w/ super dupers.