PDA

View Full Version : eagle lake

drtyserb
05-10-2010, 09:12 AM
was at the house in spaulding tract of eagle lake this week... the lake is super low. tules on dry ground! when the lake got windy everything on the spaulding side looked like mud.... should be interesting fishing.... ....

KISSAFISH50
05-10-2010, 09:47 AM
That's sad news, I was hoping it had come up at least a little. We couldn't fish the tules last Oct for the 1st time in 20 years, hopefully the ramp at Spaulding will hold out until Oct this year for our annual trip.

tonyscog
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
sad news for sure, i thought with this weather it would have come back up...

Jetspray
05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
As soon as someone puts a plug in the drain and the drought is over in Calif. the lake will come back to life I am sure..........Jetspray

gfishes
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't hold your breath...the BLM is in charge of the situation...they are not going to plug the pipe in the Bly Tunnell anytime soon...you can see what they have to say about it on Val's website...www.eaglelakefishing.net...

gfishes
05-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Don't hold your breath...the BLM is in charge of the situation...they are not going to plug the pipe in the Bly Tunnell anytime soon...you can see what they have to say about it on Val's website...www.eaglelakefishing.net (http://www.eaglelakefishing.net)...

Go to the RAMP CONDITIONS section on her site...you will see what we are dealing with.

Fish_Stomper
05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Eagle Lake has not had much water for the past 3 years. Actually seems like it has less and less over the last 3 years. All the old Honey Holes are unfishable. The last year made tule fishing just about impossible.

FS

drtyserb
05-10-2010, 06:34 PM
no more 139 tules, cinder pit, mouth of pine creek or the strip... sucks those were the days

Fish_Stomper
05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
drtyserb,

Yeah, those are have all been very good spots. Haven't even been to the cinder pit the last 3 years.

Very soon there will be no water to even go through the bly tunnell.