PDA

View Full Version : Camping, FISHING, an what to use???

Freshwater_J
05-10-2010, 01:10 PM
About 4 weeks ago, some friends an I had planned a trip to Collins Lake. After signing onto Sniffer, I see whats really goin on out there! I was instantly excited! Can anybody give me any info on what to use for lure??? We will be on boat an on shore. I appriciate the info guys! Keep a tight line!

tonyscog
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
from shore the usual power bait will get the job done as well as inflated worms... from the the boat the black broken back rapala has done good for me there and the needle fish, white and silver colors treat me well out there... not to mention there are some nice big fat bassin that lake too and some nice cats too..

YBfishin
05-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Can you please inform me as to the where abouts of collin's lake?

Fishbucket
05-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Collins Lake is about halfway from Marysville and GrassValley. off Highway 20 and Marysville rd. Make a right at the top of the long steep grade.

http://www.collinslake.com/

iggybabble
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
It never hurts to stop at one or more of the local tackle shops as you drive to an area, they will usually have the most up to date info on whats working......spend a few bucks, and keep the info process greased!

Freshwater_J
05-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Well we are heading out tomorrow... And to be honest im feeling like a fat kid in a candy store, anxious to the fullest! Stoped at the local Wallyworld and picked up some "toys", can't beat their prices! Anyways, I plan on doing the trout and bass in the morning and evening hours and catfish by night just as long as it doesn't interfere with the beer drinking... Although, the sound of bells is always a nice touch to drunken camping! Anyways, I thank you for the info, and will be back Monday with pics and reports! Keep a tight line, an fish on!:1fish0023mn:

Fishbucket
05-13-2010, 06:27 AM
If you're in a boat, there can be great catfishing in the open water flats. while drifting during the day. Just have your bait drag the bottom. using a 3-way swivel.
On the map below you could have good luck on the east side of the lake toward Flanly Peak. bettween the underwater humps and the penninsula. ( just north of the letter ' s ' in the word Collins below)

http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/collinslake.gif (http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/collinslake.gif)

I've got another month before we get there. cant wait. :bananachaga:

Good luck, and we'll be looking for your report.

Freshwater_J
05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks much Mr. Bucket! We'll be trollin morning, then pitchin for bucket mouths after... An then Cats later that evening into the night! Nothing like a good fight while nursin a beer! Talk 2 yall Monday!:odie:

Freshwater_J
05-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, camping was a blast while the fishing was a BUST! for us anyway. We watched over 15 fish get wieghed in over the weekend, while we landed one! Many were hooked, a few got off, an a couple line breakers. Fished all day Saturday with a couple on that got away... My bad, I let the beer get the best of me. :'(
Sunday we launched at 7 am, by 7:15 we had landed our first an only fish... Water depth was about 130ft, an we were trollin with Km's, an a brokeback... An no im not talkin the movie. Brokeback landed fish that was about 4lbs about 20 ft down. Saw a lot of action on the finder, but just not too much on the lines. Collins is good by the damn, an the brodge from what we were told. Saw a nice 9lb pig pulled out by the boat docks, caught by a 6 year old boy... Kinda made my day just seeing him pull it in and the look on his face, priceless! Anyways, packed up an headed home sunday afternoon with a broken heart, an hurt pride.. Better luck next time! Keep a tight line, an FISH ON!