PDA

View Full Version : Brown TrouT!!!!!!

Pecar
05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering, but where are all the browns. I cant seem to find them. What should i use to catch them. I live in the sacramento region. Ive been to lakes like beardsley, that i thought had browns. and im very intrested in catching them.

dilbeck
05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering, but where are all the browns. I cant seem to find them. What should i use to catch them.

You're gonna have to try a little harder than that. How about a little more info.

iggybabble
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Even in lakes where Browns are common, or even more prevalent than rainbows, brooks, or cutthroat, most of the time those other species are caught far more often than browns. A lot of guys who target browns, especially bigger ones use techniques and gear suited mostly to these fish........6-10 lb line, rather than the 2-6 lb many other trout anglers use, big crankbaits like CD-13 rapala's rathen than #1 Mepps or 1/8Oz Super-dupers, fishing in early season snow storms, or very late in the year in october/early november...............much of the gear and methods tend to catch mostly a few, but bigger fish. These anglers will catch some big Mackinaw and Browns, and frequently catch few if any rainbows,brookies, cutts. If you really want big browns, plan on leaving the power bait home, along with your ultra-light gear, and expect to put in long hours, often with little success on other trout species

iggybabble
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
and, just so you know, Browns are quite common in Beardsley, and most other good sized lakes from the foothills all the way up over the sierras to the eastern side........Also a lot of sierra streams and rivers contain browns, simply put though, Browns are usually warier than other trout, and harder to catch

Jason
05-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Asking something like that is like asking my wife how old she is. I'm out there to fish and not target browns. If I catch one, I catch one. That kind of puts a little more excitement in it.

GOLDENTROUT
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi guy's been awhile. Read Mark Wiza's articles!!!!! He tells how to target and catch trophy size wild Sierra trout. After learning the hard way I highly recommend reading his stuff, it works! Or better yet have him be your guide. He is a really nice guy so hit him up for a trip!

TRoutaholic
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
The pools below Beardsley, especially the pool right below the dam, are also full of browns, but have special regulations.

2dtrail
05-13-2010, 07:01 AM
well put iggybabble!