PDA

View Full Version : crabbing

campo_kid
04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm new to the area and looking to do some crabbing in the moss landing area dose anyone have any poiters I'm new to crabbing and looking to getting my first crab ;D

Toxic_Waste
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Good luck.....all we ever pulled outta that area was a lot of hungry starfish. Everyone was setting pots closer to Santa Cruz area, but it just hasn't been a very good crabbing season, from what I hear. One day I heard of somebody pulling up 10 pots and only getting one crab.

Although I think there was some talk of some recent success, I am not sure where that was.

scfisher831
04-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Most guys that drop crab pots out of Moss drop them at the Pajaro Hole.I wouldn't get your hopes high for a good crab catch this far down south,but dosen't hurt to try.Man I'm going to miss watching guys trolling the Pajaro Hole for salmon and watching them hooking the crab pots there. ;D ;D
The farther north you go you got a better chance.Last I was down at the harbor in SC the crab bite picked up *for private boaters and commerical guys that were going north of Santa Cruz.The Dump area in 200-250ft water was good(where we drop our pots alot and do good) and same up at Davenport area also.Good luck

campo_kid
04-24-2008, 01:54 PM
thanks for thanks for the input I'l have my pole out to mybe get some butts

RidinDirtay
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey if your down to roll to Pacifica, the pier out there is pretty good for dungis or rock crab rite now... as long as the surf is somewhat calm. They have been pulling up pretty good numbers off the pier with pots and also snares on poles. I had a few myself, pretty good sizes too. Go check it out.