PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 5-11-2010

fishingguysf
05-11-2010, 11:05 PM
My gf and I hit Quarry Lakes today and fished the Peninsula from 3:30pm-7:30pm. Fellow sniffer Matt met us there at 4:00pm. Always great fishing with another sniffer!!! Fishing was slow today, but we did manage to catch a few Rainbows. My gf went 2 for 4 and I went 1 for 2. Matt ended catching 1. Largest was about 1.5 lbs. 3 fish were caught using White Powereggs & White Worm Combo (thanks to Matt, sharing what he caught his fish on, we managed to get 2 using this combo). 1 fish caught using Green Powereggs & White Worm Combo. Dipped in Cod Liver Oil. Great day being out except a little windy. Hopefully the fishing will pick up later in the week, if they do another plant. Until next time....

Fish On!!!

NorthBay Troutster
05-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Good report I was there in the morning had my lines wet by 615, Good action till about 9 or so. I ended up going 4 for 9. Largest probably just pushing 2 pounds. Plus I had to have had 5 short strikes where my bobber would start going up real fast and just stop before I could get out my chair. It was a quiet morning I had the whole peninsula to my self. Called it a day at 1. No bites from 10 to 1. Good luck to everyone out there today. Hopefully Ill be able to get out this evening! Fish On

youngling
05-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Mike ~ so thats where all the fish went! You got most of the fish before we got there in the afternoon. Just kidding! Congrats on your catches! The bite seems to be more active in the morning.

Guy ~ it was fun fishing with you. Glad we shook the skunk off when we all changed our bait color. I was beginning to think we were going to get skunked after an hour of no action. Also thanks for letting me try your tackle. Let you know how it works for me.

I plan to hit the peninsula again Thurs morning 5-8am. Until next time FISH ON!

Brutus20
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Well done, Fishing Guy. Sounds like you folks have that place dialed in. I'll have to head out there soon . Thanks for posting.

..................Brutus.............

LuckyIrishFan
05-12-2010, 07:16 PM
FGSF, sounds like an awesome day of fishing for you and your girlfriend at Quarry:). Thanks for sharing.:areportmq5:

Mike and Matt, so maybe I need to head to Quarry to get some fish....I have not caught any fish the last two times I've been out, I'm itching to see some bobber action. Thanks for your guy's report too, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

fishingguysf
05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
If they plant this week, fishing should be really good toward the end of the week. I am planning to fish on Friday morning, so anyone interested meet me out in the Peninsula. I will be wearing my SF Giants jacket.

Fish On!!!

bee
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
hi, i was planning on hitting the peninsula on sunday. i was wondering what kind of set up do you use? just a bobber and how long of a lead if you dont mind sharing. or do you guys just use the line and sinker? thanks for the info.

mariahpup
05-13-2010, 08:19 AM
If they plant this week, fishing should be really good toward the end of the week. I am planning to fish on Friday morning, so anyone interested meet me out in the Peninsula. I will be wearing my SF Giants jacket.

Fish On!!!

Sounds like a good spot to try on Friday...been going to Amador without much luck...I am going to try and make it to "Quarry"..commute is from Stockton...have to battle early morn. commute to San Jose....YIKES! Seems strangte to be heading to the city to fish... Hope to make 6am start..is there a good early bite?.what kind of setup do you use...never been to "Quarry"...will be wearing a red parka with black hat..driving green mini suv Mercury hybrid..headed to the peninsula..not sure how big that is...
Good Luck
Mariahpup....

youngling
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Bee and Mariahpup ~ I use a sliding sinker set up. My leader line is about 2 feet or longer if I want to cast out to deeper waters. I have had luck with power eggs and power worms combo lately. Make sure your bait floats.

Also they got a plant of 500lbs Mt.Lassen on Wed 05/12/10. Good luck and FISH ON!

fishingguysf
05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Bee and Mariahpup, a lot of guys use the setup Youngling stated. I also like to use Rainbow Glitter Powerbait dipped in Smelly Jelly Liquid Craw/Anise Scent, since sometimes they will bite good on that. If you use the Powereggs and Powerworm combo, try to get some Cod Liver Oil and always dip your bait in it. That seems to work good there. Good luck if you make it out there. I should be out there on Friday morning on the Peninsula.

Fishon!!!