PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle - what happened to the bite

JefffromLivermore
05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Del Valle has just about shutdown for trout as far as my experiences go. There was a fest last week from another board and they didn't do too well either considering the good fisherpeople in the group.
I'm down to one to two fish and absolutely nothing trolling.
I went out with a sniffer yesterday and ended up going for catfish after hours of trolling.

Canoefish
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
What was the surface temp?

JefffromLivermore
05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
From a warm of 62 out at the dam to a low of 58 in the deep shaded areas entering Swallow Bay.

Troutbanker
05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I was out there bank fishing yesterday and managed one. It did turn out to be 9lbs but other than that a slow day.

JefffromLivermore
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I was out there bank fishing yesterday and managed one. It did turn out to be 9lbs but other than that a slow day.

Nice fish, that beats 5 little DFGers any day.
How was the fight and how did it taste?

Troutbanker
05-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Nice fish, that beats 5 little DFGers any day.
How was the fight and how did it taste?

It was a great fight, I'm still shaking! Took about 5 mins to get in and he was running from the start. Haven't tasted it yet, but the meat was semi-pink so he'd been in there for a lil while.

crappieman67
05-13-2010, 08:02 PM
The lake apperently turned over the week before last. the water temp was up to 67 to 69, now 62 to 64. I fished the fest last weekend and it was a tuff day out there. alot of boat very little fish.

Chris

FoldCat81
05-13-2010, 08:23 PM
That is what I heard from other folks. I was thinking of hitting up DV today but ended up at Los V. From the sounds of it I made the right choice. I got there at 10am and left at 4pm. I ended up going 2 for 3, 2#er and 1.5#. The one that I lost looked like a 2 or 3 #er but my knot decided to undo as I was landing the fish :cry:...

Hey Jeff have you noticed any striper action?

Fish On.

GNappers
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Jeff if your not nailing them then I will wait for colder weather. Nice job to the person who got the 9 pounder, almost 2 whoppers in one shot.

JefffromLivermore
05-14-2010, 05:14 AM
I'm confused.
I thought lakes in general only turn over in fall-winter and that in spring-summer it sets up the temperature stratification that puts the fish deeper into the cool middle-lower layers?

crappieman67
05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Jeff,
something happen with the lake, wierd weather and the way the lake filled up. Who knows,Go figure

G nap
Stripers are pushing bait fish right up agianst the shore at DV, just need to be in the right spot at the right time. Got a triple hook up at the fest 2 weekends ago, and my friend went out there and caught a couple more this week,

Chris