PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 13MAY10

LuckyIrishFan
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I got to sign up for the derby today; I know i'm a little late, and I have to beat 13.5lbs but I'm confident that I could do it :). I believe that we all could beat it:cool2:!!! So as soon as I signed up I decided to head to Bass Cove, and sure was glad I did.

I got to my certain spot around 1000hrs. The day was beautiful with a slight wind here and there. Around 1045hrs, my pole on the left starts to do its bobber dance:signfishon34hi6zv:. I had tucked myself underneath some trees and was a good running distance from my poles; I ran as fast as I could and as I set my hook and start to reel in my first FISH ON, my 2nd pole goes off:signfishon34hi6zv:!!! I set my first pole down into the pole holder and watch the fish peel off line from it; I quickly run over like a mad man to my other pole and tried to set the hook but the fish spits out the hook and bait. Oh well, I run back over to my first pole and reel in a nice fighting 14incher with a full tail:thumbsup:. I had both poles back in the water asap, but I got a phone call which turned out to be a family emergency. So, I had to pack up by 1130hrs. I would of loved to stay longer, but had to go take care of the family:). I will be back at it again early tomorrow morning; I may be back at Bass Cove or Indian Cove. Good Luck to all of you fishing tomorrow, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

youngling
05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Good report! Too bad you had to leave early. Hope all is well with your family. At least you got some action in that short amount of time. Fish ON my friend!

NorthBay Troutster
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
There you go a little switch and a double happens. Good sign. Too bad you had to pack up but hope all is well! Good luck tomarrow I am going to Bon Tempe with my dad and bro tomarrow. Hope to catch you mid week if your out there. Get that derby winner!!! Fish On

GNappers
05-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Jeff hopefully everything is okay with the family. Going to have to meet up with you and Matt one day and bring you some salmon. Nice job getting a fish, but I think that 13 pounder will stand all year.

darren231385
05-14-2010, 03:25 AM
might see ya out there, setting to leave for chabot in 30 minutes. good luck

fishingguysf
05-14-2010, 10:33 PM
LIF, Thanks for the report again on Lake Chabot. Glad you hooked into some fish. I might give Chabot another try, since the derby has started and they should be planting pretty nice whoppers in there.

Fishon!!!