PDA

View Full Version : Bon Tempe 5-14

NorthBay Troutster
05-14-2010, 01:56 PM
It was an action packed friday! Had my lines wet at 805. Today I was able to go out with my brother and my dad. It was a really nice morning. My first fish came around 815 and it was a little fatty with beautiful colors. 14in kept that one. I almost managed a couple doubles although my brother and I and my dad and I each had fish on at the same time. I would be releasing a fish as my other pole went off. I had a lot of fun. I managed a nice 15in with a great full tail probably from a plant a couple months ago. The next time I looked at my watch it was 11. My brother picked up a few, my dad picked up 4 or 5, and I got into 8 or 10. Kind of lost count running back and forth as someone else would get a fish on. We released all but 4 fish. I had a blast with my family I hope we can arrange more trips all together. Im planning on taking my brother to Quarry sunday bright and early. Trying to put him on some hogs!

Hope everyone has a great weeknd! Good luck!!!

youngling
05-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Great report Mike! Wished Quarry was action packed like Bon Tempe. Good luck on Sunday and Fish on!

kickinbass
05-14-2010, 06:22 PM
If you dont mind me asking where were you fishing at? The dam area? Deep water points? How far out were the fish from shore? What did you use that your pop's didnt :action-smiley-035:? I hiked around the dam area with some KMs recently for nada. Gonna soak some bait this weekend. Let me know where the hot spots are. THX

NorthBay Troutster
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
If you dont mind me asking where were you fishing at? The dam area? Deep water points? How far out were the fish from shore? What did you use that your pop's didnt :action-smiley-035:? I hiked around the dam area with some KMs recently for nada. Gonna soak some bait this weekend. Let me know where the hot spots are. THX

I drove passed the Sign for the dam and parked at the first little row of parking and walked in on that trail right there. That whole side seemed to be pretty productive all day. Produced a few limits for other anglers as well. I fished the deep water points and was getting it out as far as I could. I was using a pretty long leader today though about 3 to 4 feet. And the basic colors work. Power worm power egg combos and doughbait. You can PM me if you have any other questions. Hope some of this helps. Good luck Fish On!

fishingguysf
05-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast fishing today. Congrats on your catches. I have never fished Bon Tempe and should probably give it a try one of these days. Thanks for the report.

Fishon!!!

LuckyIrishFan
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Mike....:areportmq5:!!! It's always cool when you get to fish with family, and even better when everyone is getting some fish action. Thanks for sharing the Bon Tempe report, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

GNappers
05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice job Mike might be there tommorow. Gonna see when the last plant was though. What size/type hook do you use? I sometimes have trouble releasing the trout here since most are bleeders.

NorthBay Troutster
05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice job Mike might be there tommorow. Gonna see when the last plant was though. What size/type hook do you use? I sometimes have trouble releasing the trout here since most are bleeders.

I think the last plant was the day before I was there, but I know its been planted fairly heavy by dfg. Theres a ton of fish in there. I use size 10 sometimes 8 gamakatsu bait holders. and Owner stinger trebles size 16! Good luck if you go out tomarrow. My brother Yutdawg and I are gonna hit up Quarry! I wasnt able to try that spot you were talking about that day but I want to soon. I think im going to get out there friday

kickinbass
05-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I think the last plant was the day before I was there, but I know its been planted fairly heavy by dfg. Theres a ton of fish in there. I use size 10 sometimes 8 gamakatsu bait holders. and Owner stinger trebles size 16! Good luck if you go out tomarrow. My brother Yutdawg and I are gonna hit up Quarry! I wasnt able to try that spot you were talking about that day but I want to soon. I think im going to get out there friday

I was out otday form 10-2. One bite. Guy one point over had a few double headers on from what I saw.

NorthBay Troutster
05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Im gonna be out there tomarrow. Wearing a brown sweatshirt. Ill be with my brother, gonna plan on being on the water by 8 off when board. If your out there come by, and ill try and pass some knowledge.

buckman78
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
heading to bon tempe this weekend. have any of you guys ever fished for bass there? was thinking of having a pole for trout and one casting for bass. or would you recommend just having two poles for trout? does anyone have any luck with night crawlers either under a bobber or floating off the bottom. had a couple hits off the crawler last time, but the power bait did better.

yutdawg
05-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Good luck out there mike! put stevie joe on some hawgs for me!