PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 5-14-2010

fishingguysf
05-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I finally made it out early at Quarry Lakes today. I always hear about the bite being good in the morning, so wanted to see for myself. I got there around 6:15am and there were quite a few cars in the far lot. Fished the Peninsula from 6:30am to 12:00pm. I went 3 for 4, landed a nice Fat 3 pounder rainbow that put up a nice fight!! The bite for me was pretty slow, but the guy to my right got quite a few bites. He missed quite a few, but ended the day at around 9:00am with 4 rainbows, one was around 5 lbs. The guy to my left, who was bouncing around all over the place, caught a nice whopper around 5 to 6 lbs. He left around 9:00am also with 3 rainbows. I caught my 3 pounder on Rainbow Glitter Powerbait dipped in Smelly Jelly Liquid Craw/Anise Scent. The other two were caught using Powereggs/Powerworm Combo dipped in Cod Liver Oil. I wish I could of hung out longer, since most of the morning was overcast and right when I was leaving the sun broke out. Until next time...

Fishon!!!

LuckyIrishFan
05-14-2010, 11:11 PM
FGSF, sounds like an awesome day of fishing for you at Quarry:). Congrats on landing some fish. Thanks for sharing your report, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

NorthBay Troutster
05-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Sounds like some nice fish came out today. Glad to hear you got into a few of them. Ill be there sunday but im thinking of fishing that first cove over by the dock area. I have never fished it but when im at the cleaning station I see people doing good down there. Catch you out there soon. Fish On!

fishingguysf
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like some nice fish came out today. Glad to hear you got into a few of them. Ill be there sunday but im thinking of fishing that first cove over by the dock area. I have never fished it but when im at the cleaning station I see people doing good down there. Catch you out there soon. Fish On!

NorthBay Troutster, I heard that the cove by the handicap docks is good when they plant. Not sure if it is good later in the week. Good luck if you hit Quarry Sunday. I went there today and fishing was pretty slow. Hit the Peninsula from 3:00pm to 7:30pm with my gf. We thought the fishing was going to be good, since my gf and I caught 1 each within the first 15 minutes. Both on the first cast, but after that it was pretty dead. I was 1 for 2 and my gf went 2 for 2. A regular guy name Wayne was out there and he fished all day to get his limit. Fisherman Fred caught his limit at the Peninsula fishing the point. Hope to see you out there some time. Until Next time....

Fishon!!!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Where is the best spot on the penisula ? When you come down the dirt road to the penisula at the end do you go off to the left where it goes to a point where there's a wood bench right by the water or is it the other side where you can see fishermans row from the fishing spot ??

fishingguysf
05-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Where is the best spot on the penisula ? When you come down the dirt road to the penisula at the end do you go off to the left where it goes to a point where there's a wood bench right by the water or is it the other side where you can see fishermans row from the fishing spot ??

The spot I fish at on the Peninsula is when you come to the outhouse, there is a trail to the right, center, and left. Take the center trail and walk until you hit the water. You will see xmas trees in the water, I fish to the right of the trees and you can see Fishermans row from where I fish. My friend Fisherman Fred has been fishing the Peninsula Point and caught his limit. He wears rubber boots, so that he can get in the water and cast pretty far out from the end of the point. The spot you mentioned, but at the very end. Good luck if you make it out there. The fishing has been a little slow, but they seem to plant every week, so next week after the plant should be good.

Fishon!!!

jt2010
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Both those spots are good fishing spots. The tip of the peninsula is a good spot also if you can avoid the snags. Also, if you are walking towards the peninsula from the parking lot and make your first right on the trail, you will see a small open area that is facing the beach and is part of the cove where they plant the fish. I caught 2/4 fish there this morning, some guys on a boat that drove by told me that this was one of their favorites spots and I saw them fishing there when I left.Might want to give it a try if the point and other areas of the peninsula are full as I did this morning.

As for the best spot on the peninsula, I think the best answer would be that it depends on the day. If you are able, I would move between these areas and others if the fishing is slow.
I know when the water is low and the entire peninsula point is exposed, it is a really good area. I caught many limits earlier in the year and fisherman Fred pulls plenty of whopper's in the area.

Northbay, the dock/pier area can be really productive for trout in the summer! Last July I took my kid out to do some catfishing on the pier. There was one guy that was fishing for trout there and I was thinking to myself that it was the wrong time to be fishing for trout. It was 6 in the evening, cooler than the day, but still too hot (so I thought) for trout fishing. Within 10 minutes of me getting there he catches a trout. I was geared up for catfishing with larger poles, reels, and line, but luckily I had a jar of PE with me. I switched our bait over on our 4 poles and I have never had so much trout action!!!!
We could not keep up with our poles . We limited out by 8 pm or 1 hr (10 fish). After this I realized that it was 2 days after the plant and that the pier area is really really deep, the fish were probably seeking the cooler water here. We tried again a week later w/ no luck but it was a catfish plant week, as you probably know, in the summer the park alternates between catfish and trout plants.
So just as fishingguy said, it can be really good around the days that they plant.