PDA

View Full Version : Pardee?

Wolf74
05-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Has anyone been up to Pardee lately? Any action?

highlands
05-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Also interested in Pardee. I may head out there today rather than Ice House. Looking to stay away from the rain and cool weather today. Has anybody heard anything on Pardee lately?

slough hound
05-18-2010, 06:43 AM
a little late but my freinds went there on sunday 5 kokes and lost 4 at the boat

Jonezin2fish
05-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Kokes are over populated and small. Buddy of mine says most are 10" and less. Trout action is decent at the mouth of the river. Personally I wish they'd put some more Browns in there like that guy picked up last weekend to go eat some of those Kokes. :wallbash:

ripinlips09
05-18-2010, 03:51 PM
to eat the kokes what up with that. Kokes our the best tasteing fish we just need to let them grow. On the outher hand hooking a big brown dont sound to bad. Any word on the derby held last week out there.

Jfitalia
05-18-2010, 04:49 PM
to eat the kokes what up with that. Kokes our the best tasteing fish we just need to let them grow. On the outher hand hooking a big brown dont sound to bad. Any word on the derby held last week out there.

Yes there tasty but there so small because they're over populated. People are releasing them due to lack of size. We need the population to dwindle so the size goes up.

Jonezin2fish
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
If they plant some browns they will thin the koke population a bit. Right now you have too many fish competing for a limited food supply. With less fish they will get bigger. Trust me there are waaaay too many kokes in there for the food that is available. Since there isn't a predatory species to keep them under control they will just keep naturally reproducing and taxing any available food source for them. Kokes only have a four year life span so they will not just keep growing. A lot of thee fish are 3 and 4 year fish that are only 10".

GNappers
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
So how's the trout fishing from shore, in the coves or near the overflow?

jlcooper59
05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
751I fish Pardee alot since it is 10 min. from home. Trout action has been good trolling crawlers within 5 feet from surface. Most trout are in the 2lb range, but 5lb plus is not unusual! Brown action has been good this year! I am often seeing browns at 8lbs plus being landed!
On the 23rd of april we landed a brown weighing 12.79lbs., almost reaching lake record!
The Koke tourney was fun, Big fish was 10.5lb brown. The koke action is good, but they are so small it is hard to not get bored!

ripinlips09
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
ok I got you on the koke population. So then we should keep all the kokes even know there small ok.

Don
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Why not have a no limit on kok this year. That should do it

Koke Machine83
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes, please keep your limits of kokes. We all need to help, thin out the lake. There just going to die anyways. These kokes are 3 and 4 year old. Please help thin out the lake. We have talked with DFG and said there no way to police the catches. There are a lot of folks that don't know the difference between Kokanee and Trout. We wouldn't want them to take out 20 trout, if they raised the limit of kokes to 20. You know what i mean. Also they would have to put up photo's of what a kokanee looks like. State is running out of money!!!!

Robbie