PDA

View Full Version : ice house lake

fishingfreak
05-16-2010, 01:39 PM
i was just wondering is ice house lake un thawed yet or enough to were you can fish it from the bank:trout:

Bank_Master
05-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Yes, and fishing is unreal right now!!!

This is what my son and I did last Friday! We caught 7 more on Saturday!!!

Jfitalia
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
There is still some snow but ive been killing the fish. All dirt roads are closed, and the one leading to the stream is like a foot under snow from what I was told.

LD
05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
There is still some snow but ive been killing the fish. All dirt roads are closed, and the one leading to the stream is like a foot under snow from what I was told.
I was up there trolling last Sunday and there was a group bank fishing about 1/2 way down the north side. They said the road was open, but there was a lot of snow.
On the way out, I did see the gate open...

fishingfreak
05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
can you get to strawberry point were the river comes in to the lake yet or is it still snowed in

Jfitalia
05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
No that's the road I was talking about. Its closed and snowed in.

Bigg A
05-17-2010, 06:58 PM
No that's the road I was talking about. Its closed and snowed in.

Did you make it up there when you said you were goin?

Jfitalia
05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Did you make it up there when you said you were goin?

Yeah I went the last 2 Fridays and did really well with atleast 15 fish both days

blackwave83
05-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I was up there on saturday! It was beautiful, as I have expirienced ice house is hot and cold. it started quick than slowed than picked up in the late AM. Green and black with some orange seemed to be the color. I was all around the dam and the backs...
We had a blast though LOVE ICE HOUSE!

Bank_Master
05-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I was up there on saturday! It was beautiful, as I have expirienced ice house is hot and cold. it started quick than slowed than picked up in the late AM. Green and black with some orange seemed to be the color. I was all around the dam and the backs...
We had a blast though LOVE ICE HOUSE!

I wonder if I saw you there. I was sitting in a 49ers camp chair. I was there around late morning/early noon. And it was a blast!

Greenhead7
05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey are any campgrounds open at ice house yet?

Jfitalia
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep their all open and booked for memorial

bassn916
05-20-2010, 06:31 AM
What do you think the road conditions will be like this weekend??? I've never been there, and the forecast calls for rain/snow showers Friday and chance of rain/snow showers Saturday. I'll be pulling a 15.5 ft aluminum, with no brakes, w/ midsize SUV. Pretty light boat but with the chance of snow on the road I'm a little bit hesitant.

Thanks in advance for your input. Want to keep the family safe :).

LD
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
What do you think the road conditions will be like this weekend??? I've never been there, and the forecast calls for rain/snow showers Friday and chance of rain/snow showers Saturday. I'll be pulling a 15.5 ft aluminum, with no brakes, w/ midsize SUV. Pretty light boat but with the chance of snow on the road I'm a little bit hesitant.

Thanks in advance for your input. Want to keep the family safe :).
I don't think you will have any problem.
The roads are clear and there is very little snow on the ground.
For me the hot set up had been a rainbow trout sidekick with 1/2 a lg crawler or a watermelon Apex.
I was there yesterday and the bite was hit and miss.
Alot of short strikes, but overall I did real well staying in 25-35 ft. of water and trolling 1.4 - 1.6.
The dock was not in the water in the am, but was in when I left.
The water level is rising fast and the clarity has suffered a bit.
Surface temp was 49-51 depending on where I was.

kokedealer
05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Yep their all open and booked for memorial

didnt know you could reserve sites there, can ya?

steevo44
05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
If the trolling is hit and miss, I would recommend fishing from the shore there. I was there tuesday and wednesday and released over 50 fish with my buddy.

Jfitalia
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM

Yep you can do it online or over the phone. That's how I booked mine

LD
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
If the trolling is hit and miss, I would recommend fishing from the shore there. I was there tuesday and wednesday and released over 50 fish with my buddy.
Then I did not do too bad... :grin:

The 1st couple hrs were slow, but once I found them, I did well.
I did lose count after 10 or 11... and I fished for 2 more hours.
The dink on the downrigger that I dragged around for a while may have affected the count some... :grin:

steevo44
05-20-2010, 05:00 PM
HAHA. There are definatly some very small fish, but a few decent holdovers come around every once in a while.

Jason
05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I was there the 1st of May and marked fish all over, after the huge plant done last week, Ice House must be "stocked to the gills" with fish. There is a derby going on this Saturday, registration is from 5:00 am to 9:00 am at the Ice House Resort. I'll be there in the 14 foot Klamath.

kokedealer
05-21-2010, 07:18 AM

Yep you can do it online or over the phone. That's how I booked mine

kokedealer
05-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh Damn I didnt know there's a full on resort up there...

gonna be a damn zoo of wally's arrrrrgh

Jason
05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh Damn I didnt know there's a full on resort up there...

gonna be a damn zoo of wally's arrrrrgh

It's really not that kind of resort. More like a small bar, store, spot to get something to eat. The bar itself is very interesting with the dollar bills and bras nailed to the ceiling.

GetEm925
05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
What do you guys usualy use from the shore up there when u fish from it?

dogfish
05-22-2010, 07:57 AM
is anybody toplineing on icehouse?

kokedealer
05-22-2010, 05:13 PM
It's really not that kind of resort. More like a small bar, store, spot to get something to eat. The bar itself is very interesting with the dollar bills and bras nailed to the ceiling.

Right on thanks

Jfitalia
05-23-2010, 10:17 PM
What do you guys usualy use from the shore up there when u fish from it?

Ive been using green gulp... also pb/powerworm comb, and pb 3ft under a bobber

mariahpup
05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Any hints on where to shore fish at Ice House right now.....also what to use...are fish close to shore or deep?
Thanks and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Mariahpup

FishMischief
05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
is anybody toplining icehouse

I fished it twice over the weekend and the storms must have shut down the bite because I saw great reports before the strom. I threw everything at them Sat and Sun for only 5 fish to the boat each day. All 10 to 12 inch planters. Had to work had for them.

Nothing seemed to work all over. Switched from big rapalas to small rapalas to dodger/needlefish to dodger/spinner etc... Caught some on everything but nothing was hot. Worked surface to 20 feet. I even tried needle fish with no dodger at specific depths on the rigger. Most marked fish from 10 to 20 ft but I was not marking them all over, just in specific areas.

steevo44
05-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I fished there twice last week and went back today. Trollers are not doing as well as bank fishing. People are doing very well from the shore. My friend and I once again released almost 30 - 40 fish today. Largest was a 18 inch 3lb. Very nice fish. Someone actually called and reported us thinking that we were keeping all of our fish. I spent 30 min of our day with a warden as he searched just about everything I owned....including my truck that was parked 1/4 mile away. Im happy that the wardens are doing their job checking for poachers, but If you are going to actually call and report someone, I would make sure you know what you are talking about and are pretty positive that someone is actually poaching. I am a very experienced fisherman and often fish barbless when practicing C&R. I feel sorry for the guy who couldnt catch a fish to save his life and felt he needed to feel better about himself by trying to turn in people that know how to catch them:music-smiley-019:. After the wasted 30 minutes of vehicle, cooler, shoreline search, the warden sat and watched me catch and release 3 more fish before he told me to have a good day. LOL!!!!!!! aside from that.....fish power eggs, or power bait close to shore, or throw spinners along the shoreline. You should do just fine.......