PDA

View Full Version : Headed to quarry lake in the wind and maybe rain !

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Gonna ride my mountain bike from my home in Hayward just checked map app and it's 7.4miles each way a straight shot down mission blvd 7 miles never did this before but it's only a miles further than Lake Chabot I can hang peeps trust me

youngling
05-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Good luck MrLC! Have a safe ride. Hope you bring home a whopper to add some extra weight on your ride home. FISH ON!

LuckyIrishFan
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Dave, you da man!!! That's hard core fishing if you ask me! Good Luck and FISH ON:grin:!!!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Just got home from quarry after a long long ride home it was a 50 minute bike ride balls out without stopping and fishing I didn't get a bite from 4pm to 7:30pm no fish but great excercise and luckily no rain on the way home at least something went right 8 miles each way and on the way I took a wrong turn and went two miles past the lake on avarado niles road Half marathon a day that's all I ask lol

NorthBay Troutster
05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Your a sav! It was a good, long, frustrating, windy, rainy, day at quarry for NBT. Got to the lake at 10 got my first first at 10 20. A nice fat 14in. Around 11 my bobber rose again, released a little 11in. Noon time comes around and my bobber stars dancin. Up down up down and I grab it off and hold my pole cause when this has happed the last few times and id leave the bobber on and set the hook id pull it right out its mouth. So i grab my bobber off and wait for the Tap tap. I feel it and bam set the hook, NOPE! Had him for a second my drag would peel and then limp line :undecided:! Casted it right back out 15 min later landed a skinny 13in released. Mr.Lake Chabot showed up around 330 and it was super slow till about 6 and my bobber starts dropping. I slowing reel the slack and it just kept dropping and dropping. Then stops, and about 2 minuets later still holding my pole my line goes tight. another failed attempt. Got out of there around 7. MR.LC good seeing you. catch you out there soon! sorry to hear bout the skunk. Well link up for the AM bite soon!

youngling
05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the report NBT and MrLC! Hope to see you guys out there soon! I will be back at Quarry either Thurs or Friday early morning. FISH ON!

LuckyIrishFan
05-18-2010, 06:25 PM
MLC, sorry about the skunked day of fishing at Quarry. At least you got a good bike ride out of it. Thanks for sharing, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

NBT, congrats on landing some fish. FISH ON:grin:!!!