PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mundo in New Mexico

movedtonewmexico
05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I know this is a California forumn but I just moved to New Mexico from San Jose Ca (my screen name used to be Justme). I love this forumn and I have been a member for years. So I want to continue to read and post if that is ok. Anyway I went fishing at Lake Mundo here in New Mexico and did really good. I was fishing from shore and started out fishing with Power bait only because it was to cold in the morning to do anything else. My hands were freezing. I did not even get a bite. Once it warmed up I started throwing everything in the box until I found something they like. It happened to be a gold castmaster. Withing 2 hours I had caught and released 20 to 25 trout any where from 11 inches to 21 inches. I kept the 6 biggest (that is the limit at this lake)and just had a blast. My friend mister fly fisherman did not even get one fish this whole time. He then switched to his spinning rod and put on a castmaster and started catching fish too. Great day on the water.

Fishbucket
05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Post away !... dont forget the Pictures too.

Sounds like you put enough time in to figure out what they wanted.. Good Job.

Yosemite Sam
05-17-2010, 08:59 PM
What part of New Mexico is Lake Mundo?
My son lives in Roy NM and is always looking for a good place to fish.

YS

movedtonewmexico
05-18-2010, 06:00 AM
It is near Cuba. highway 550 and 537 is the main cross highways. Then you go about another 50 miles.

Yosemite Sam
05-18-2010, 07:38 AM
It is near Cuba. highway 550 and 537 is the main cross highways. Then you go about another 50 miles.
Thanks, I will forward the information-YS